Thursday, July 25, 2013

Home


We are back from Alaska!
It was another incredible week,
serving Alaskans who were dip-netting
their salmon from the Kenai river.
This was our second year at this. 


I can't help but play with the lovely blooms that
grow wild all over the place up there.
I could honestly style a wedding out
of what I find in random fields and on
the sides of the road. 

We ate at a bakery called The Moose is Loose.
It had every baked good you could imagine.

We did see a moose and her twins. 
We saw eagles and finally we did see
a bear, although it was in an animal 
preserve behind a fence. 


This baby birdie asks if you can identify
it's breed? 
I spotted it on our hike to a glacier!
Suffice it to say, I have many more photos 
to show but they will come out as 
time permits and laundry gets done.

Thanks for stopping by! 



8 comments:

Kathleen Grace said...

In my humble opinion, bears are best seen behind a safe enclosure. Since reading about a bear attack in Readers Digest as a child, I have always had a terror of meeting one. I would love to see eagles and moose though! How amazing:>) How warm was the weather?

see you there! said...

Welcome back, sounds like you had a great time. I know you have lots to show and tell. Don't know what kind of bird that is but it is cute all sort of fluffed up.

Darla

La Table De Nana said...

Love the peace sign!

nancygrayce said...

I know you left many who appreciated your service! Alaska is a beautiful place and those flowers you arranged are gorgeous!

Kelly said...

Welcome back Phyllis!!! Happy to see and hear that you have returned from your Alaskan adventures. Waiting patiently for more pics and details! <3

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Hm, I'm no help with the little birdie, but I love your flower styling! ;o)

I really enjoyed your Instagrams while you were in Alaska - looks like you had a great time! I'll look forward to seeing more photos once you have a chance to sort through them! Welcome home!

Lea said...

welcome home Phyllis! Can't wait to hear more and see your pictures. I so enjoyed the flowers you sent me!! xoxo

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

Glad you are home! Can't wait to hear how God used you and your welcoming personality and that of your sweet boy!