Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Sounds like a resolution



I vow and declare that this year I will set a pretty table more and more! 
After all, there are dishes in cupboards and cabinets and we do eat everyday, more than once and often right here at the house!

I want to mix it up and be funky! Use pieces that wouldn't have thought to put together before! Show my youth! 

Am I scaring you with the overuse of exclamation points?! 
I'll stop. 
Okay, in your mind's eye, picture your collection of dishes. What can you mix up and use together that you have never once put together before? I want to hear about it. 

From my kitchen today came Broccoli cheese soup. It was yummy but I wish I hadn't used some shredded cheddar towards the end because it simply sits in clumps. Velveeta is totally the way to go as far as soup goes because it melts so nicely. I did not set the table (were you really going to ask me that?) We dispersed ourselves across several couches and recliners this time. 

Thanks for coming here...I really, really love all of y'all. 

7 comments:

The Little Red Shop said...

Cute glasses! Mixing up dishes sounds like a fun resolution. Happy New Year!!

: )

Julie M.

Kathleen Grace said...

Ooooh, love these glasses Phyllis! I think I've mixed and matched as much as possible. I have sets all over the house. I pick them up at the thrift when I see a set I can't possibly live without:>)Now what I really need is pretty glasses! Happy New Year friend:>)

see you there! said...

I mix and match all my various blue and white dishes, and the plain white set, and the red glass set. I have a weakness for dishes.

It is certainly soup weather here, our most recent soup was split pea using the ham bone left over from Christmas dinner.

Show us your next mix and match, ok?

Darla

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

Great idea! Why should we keep saving things to use for the right moment? Let's make every moment the right one! Hope you post pictures to inspire the rest of us. Love those glasses-anthro?

Mademoiselle Poirot said...

I like mixing up china and I have stopped keeping things only for special occasions as it just ends up gathering dust instead of being enjoyed, so I absolutely go with your idea!

Broccoli and cheese soup sounds great, I usually make leek and cheese, but might just try this one.

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, I really appreciate it. Happy New Year xo

nancygrayce said...

I sure wish you would run me over a bowl of that soup!!!!! :)

Believe it or not I only have one set of dishes besides my "wedding dishes" and I don't have the whole set of those and wish I hadn't gotten china now. But I'm actually super fond of paper plates!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Lovely glasses - I'd never seen any like that before.

I have many sets of dishes (I'll admit to 17 - but that's all you get out of me). I like to mix and match too - and I also use a lot of my depression glass (red, green, yellow, aqua) with the other sets (and no, I didn't count the depression glass as a set, they are accessories). I also like to use my milk glass pieces for serving and little relish dishes on the tables. Dishes are such fun!! I got some pink/red Willow (like blue willow, but obviously pink) dessert plates for a christmas gift - I'm looking for more, so that would make about 18 sets - about, I say.