Friday, January 25, 2013

Shop Update and Puddin'

I have to tell you how wonderfully you guys critiqued
my photography! 
I couldn't have come up with all that myself! 
You did the thing I needed you to do and
it was great. Thank you. 



Catching up with my etsy shop today...
you might be the first to see these treasures! 

This wonderfully shabby and chic 
lace-covered coat hanger is definitely 
one of a kind. 

It is to be hung on a doorknob 
sans clothing, just because
it is that vintage lovely with
it's little aqua satin bow. 



You are looking down the snout of
an old worn and loved oil can. 
I love mantiques. You? 


I told you recently that we'd return to this book 
for a little read. 
Here goes, 
(sit down if you don't mind, I'll do better.)

AHEM. 

"If wisdom's way you wisely seek,
five things observe with care;
To whom you speak; of whom you speak;
And how, and when and where."

Did I ever tell you that when I was a child I couldn't say
"coat hanger"? 
I said "hoat canger". 

I have to fight it still. 
I'm pretty sure it is genetic because my 
mother says such things as "show snowers" 
and I have a nephew who said "lap chick"
noooo, he was being naughty...that was 
his way of saying "chapstick".





I'd bet Edwin Garner, Jr. was a good boy... 
unless his mother wrote his name in 
fancy script inside his book, which 
is probable, because that is some legible 
business right there.

I haven't written anything but my name in years.
Is that wrong? 
At least I know what it is, ha! 

It's Puddin' 'n Tane. 



9 comments:

Auntie Bliss said...

Tomorrow I hope to photograph and put in the shop, a gathering of vintage linens, some embroidered, some appliqued.

La Table De Nana said...

I love the header:)

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

You make me laugh, Puddin' 'n Tane!

nancygrayce said...

Is that book for sale in your shop? I love that poem and it is so true ! Love all your things!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Had to laugh at Puddin' Tane - hadn't heard that in years. Lovely post.

see you there! said...

When I click on your Etsy shop I keep getting kicked off (might be me). You know I'm going to be here first thing in the morning looking for linens tho.

Darla

Beth said...

Stopping by from Susan's blog to say hi!

Beth

Kathleen Grace said...

Wow, looks like you're just about sold out in the shop! Cute hanger, mind if I just call you Pud'n?

Paige Thomas King said...

around our house, we always ask for the "morote" when we want to change the TV channels. Kendall's daughter Ryleigh has always called it that and it seems fitting--considering the quality of most programming these days.
loved this post!
paige