Wednesday, January 2, 2013

She set the table


 Et voila! 

One table set. 
Ready for non-existent company. 
It's okay! 
We'll use it. 





I'm hoping this will discourage mail and other
wrong things being placed here. 
I'm hoping it will ENcourage nice meals in 
which we sit and ask each other, "what did you 
do today?" 


I'm hoping the youngest will venture away
from the pizza du jour (read, pepperoni).


Oh, hey! How'd this get in here?
My homemade maraschinos...I've probably 
shown them before...on Blue Bell homemade
vanilla...help us all! 

You asked about the colorful tumblers in my last post...
they are my mother's and are antique. 
I promptly put them back in her dining room
after photographing them last year. 

What is on your table today? 


10 comments:

AntiqueChase said...

On my table... lots of paperwork ... i like the idea of setting the table to discourage all the junk piles!!!

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

Your table looks so pretty! I have nothing on my table, but do have some paint on some bedrooms walls now, so I am FEELING good about that. Have a great day!

nancygrayce said...

Beautiful table setting! I still have my Crystal Ornament trees up.......because I love them and want to keep on looking at them sparkling. I may leave them up all year! :)

Oh, I also have Christmas flowers still on the table too. I suppose they really should go back into storage. Sigh.

Happy New Year!

Kelly said...

Oh, so that's how you keep the table from being a dumping spot!!! You made my day !!! I better get to work!
Yup, we have gotten into a bad habit here of eating in the family room together with the TV on. Shameful to admit!
Your table needs such a lovely dessert to grace its beauty! YUM! ;)
Those tumblers are just so unique and sooo pretty I went to check your Etsy to see if you were selling them. Opps, apologies to your mom, just admiring them. ;)

Kathleen Grace said...

Ha! At the moment the table is a duming spot, I do like your pretty table, but where would I put the mail:>0

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Pretty table! And what a wonderful topping for your ice cream! I'm going to have to find this recipe! YUMMY!

Bobbypin Bandit said...

Happy New Year! I am so happy we are instagram friends now!

Your table looks very nice and welcoming! My table is not set at the moment. I am trying to get all my Christmas and holiday decor put away, so it's completely cleaned off... until I get ready for Valentine's day!

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Hi Phyllis ~ Happy New Year! Your table looks so lovely, and I smiled when I read that you had set it up for future use. My cats (well, especially my brat male cat) would be all over that. LOVE those antique glasses in your previous post (cool photo too).

Amy said...

Love that table setting!!! I was just reading an article in SOUTHERN LIVING about the beauty of mis-matched plates. Your table looks perfect!!!

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

Just wanted you to know that I am considering Alaska! Is your hubby going too?