Friday, January 11, 2013

A dream and an idea






Wow. 
I'm no food photographer  ...but our supper
(I say supper, not dinner which also isn't the noon
meal for me because that is lunch) was really
delicious. 
It was seventy degrees F here today and I took 
advantage by grilling out. 
We had salmon, roasted vegetables
and garlic mashed potatoes. 
I teased my Instagram friends with 
tasty pics. 
They watched it all unfold as I was 
grilling, mashing and tossing. 

I think I got the idea from a dream I had last 
night. 
(not to tease my friends, but what to cook)

We were really up on a high knob somewhere, 
with a view of a city waayyy down below. 
It was a really old brick restaurant with
white table cloths and waiters in white aprons.

It had large picture windows but we waited for
our table outdoors and the grass up there was
so lush and green. 

So, I think we had this meal. 
Do you have dreams so real, like I do? 

You also see above the incredibly sweet old mirror
that I snagged for $15. 
And you see a record album cover. 
I have an idea ... I probably told you 
that my two boys will share an
apartment in the fall. 
I hope they will let mama do a few things
in there as far as decorating. 
I mean, donate to the cause...
I thought of a funky theme with mixed
retro and quirky items. 
I thought a beach theme would be fun in
the bathroom (or any room) with a few
album covers like this one 
as well as the ukulele we have. 
I got a little framed ship art somewhere
for a quarter.
You know what one of the songs on that album is?
(of course you don't)
"Button up your overcoat" 
I thought that was funny considering the cover. 

Did you dream last night? 
Can you play ukulele? 
Can I decorate your bathroom? 


9 comments:

nancygrayce said...

Good luck with boys letting you decorate! You are on the same page as I am today! Ans yes, I dream like the movies....so ral and I often dream of people I haven't seen in years! I'm always like huh???

Glenys said...

Yummy food! It's gonna be so fun! Decorating the apartment and your kids staying in them. I want an apartment of my own too and be able to do my own decorations. :)

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I did dream last night - it was weird and crazy - everyone was walking around with walkers - trying fancy steps with them - sort of a walker drill team (that's what pain meds after back surgery can do for you - I was glad they left my walker when they all went "home")

I cannot play the ukulele but both my grandsons can - second and fifth grades - and they know the cords and everything - both are taking ukulele lessons in school.

And yes please - come decorate my bathroom - I even have two of them and both would benefit from your wonderful ideas - right now they are very plain - but have fancy lights over the mirrors that our son put in for us - not those ugly round bulbs that came with the house.

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Yes.
No.
And maybe.

Girl, I saw your Instagram dinner shots and they made me wish I was coming to your house for...supper.

And you are VERY lucky to have boys that will let you help decorate. When my daughter moved out a few years ago she did NOT want my help AT ALL. And I REALLY wanted to help. :o\

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Phyllis:
We tend to think that photographing food is one of the most difficult challenges if the food is to look half way edible. However, your supper, and in particular the grilled vegetables, looks absolutely delicious, especially for the temperate weather which you seem to be enjoying.

You have some wonderful ideas for the decoration of your sons' apartment. We look forward to seeing whether you are allowed such free rein!!!

Chilly and snowy here in Budapest so your weather seems positively tropical to us!!!

see you there! said...

I might be dreaming of that dinner tonight. I really like salmon.

No ukulele playing for me, when I was young I played clarinet (badly).

You can decorate my bathroom anytime. It could use a new paint job first tho.

Happy weekend!

Darla

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

Good luck on the apartment thing! My boys have lived in lots of apartments and never invited their mom to help decorate a single one! I have gotten to paint at our youngest son's house though, so we are moving in the right direction. Please email me, would you? We are headed your way and thought maybe we could visit!

Lea said...

Your whipped potatoes pic got me this morning big time!
It's so cool that the boys will have an apartment together Phyl. Your decorating ideas sound really cool- good luck with that. grin :)
I'm trying to find your posts about the Alaska trip last year. Gonna keep lookin around and see if you labeled a post or two. Have a great sabbath today chicky... Lea

Kathleen Grace said...

In answer to your questions...
1. no
2. no
3. would you please?
When you come to decorate the bathroom I would appreciate a nice plate of salmon, garlic mashed potatoes and roasted veggies.
Thank you:>)