Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Today


Holy huevos batman! 

My chickens are laying some enormous eggs. 
It seems an odd thing to happen in December but
it has been 60 degrees F here daily for awhile. 
And it has been wonderful! 
I've decided it is the perfect weather for me. 

I've been letting the chickens free range quite a bit 
so you never know where an egg will land. 
Feels kinda like Easter finding eggs all over the place...
instead of Christmas. 
I should bake a nice cake, right? 

My first college roommate up and posted
a challenge on my facebook page today, 
to make these Peppermint Mousse cups
and so I did and they are delicious.


Tomorrow my mother turns 85 and I'm taking
one of my neighbors who she is friends with,
to celebrate with us. 
These little treats will be our "cake". 
I'm making a chicken casserole as well. 

I know! Too much excitement, right? 
Thanks for stopping by ;)



7 comments:

nancygrayce said...

Oh, you need to make a pound cake ......mine calls for 6 extra large or 7 large eggs!

Those little cakes look wonderful.....is that ice cream in them? Yum!

Happy Birthday to yr mom!

La Table De Nana said...

Happy birthday to your mom:-)
I'd love to have chickens!

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Happy birthday to your mom! I'm sure she will enjoy that yummy looking treat!

I have wanted to have our own chickens for the longest time! There's nothing better than a free range, fresh egg! Someday we'll live in a more rural area and be "allowed" the space to have them. Until then I'll just be envious of yours. ;o)

see you there! said...

Goodness that little dessert looks delicious. I hope your hens don't read your blog and discover what casserole you are taking though, they might go on an egg laying strike.

Darla

koralee said...

Oh I would so love to hunt for eggs...what fun.
Happy Birthday to you sweet mom!
The treats looks amszing ....next on my list of things to do...BAKING! xoxo

Kathleen Grace said...

Happy (belated) birthday to your dear mom. I know you made it special for her:>) Now pass one of those peppermint mousse cups....what do you mean there aren't any left?

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Those are some mega eggs! Happy Birthday to your mom! The 8th is my husbands! Your chocolate cup looks yummy too!