Monday, November 12, 2012

Money Shot Monday


Linking with Shannan for MSM

Holy heartbreak, Batman...
I need to cry on you. 

You see...our family feeds wildlife
and there isn't a hunter among us. 
Our property is off-limits for hunting
and guns are not welcome. 
Children and animals are.

If the white turkey made an appearance,
(and she did, once each morning, once at dusk)
we'd all run to the window with cameras.
Corn was scattered in the yard.

Somewhere else in town a guy had a plan.
And a gun. 
The photo was on Facebook for a few days
of the hunter and his limp trophy. 
He got the elusive white turkey, wahoo. 

It's been a few weeks but I'm still 
pouting. 

Wasn't she pretty?! 

11 comments:

Glenys said...

They are so pretty!

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Phyllis:
We are horrified. Such a very beautiful bird shot dead. And was it really necessary?

How wonderful that your own land remains a sanctuary for all wild life.

see you there! said...

That is sad. I'm so happy there are people like you who grab a camera when someone mentions "hunting".

Darla

Mac n' Janet said...

If he shot it to put food on his table I have no problem with that, if he shot it for the "fun" of shooting it I'm sick.

Olive said...

The turkey is lovely. We are not hunters either.

Kelly said...

Oh I am just sad about this!!! I am glad not everyone in this world needs this type of fame! Phylis your property is just Beautiful and how lovely that you share it with Gods creatures! Blessings, <3

Martina said...

Yes indeed, so lovely that image!

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

How could they shoot that one? I would have thought they would have wanted it to multiply. I am not opposed to hunting, but golly! Did you see me wave at you yesterday when we crossed from Tennessee into Kentucky? I really hoped to be able to meet you and your hubs for coffee, but it just didn't work out this time. Darn.

koralee said...

Oh my this makes me so sad!!! Why do others take pleasure in destroying???
She was lovely!

Amy said...

Oh, that's heartbreaking!!! We have lots of packs of wild turkeys around here as well. Turkey gangs!!!

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

Pretty bird!

You crack me up, sister. I know that's not really the point in this (sad) post, but the truth remains.