Monday, November 5, 2012

Money Shot Monday



Am I ever ultra-thrilled to find this old pic of my baby...
in the files of this blog's photos...it was one of the ones
that I lost when my hard drive crashed. awwww. 
This boy is 13 now. 
(yeah, I know!)
He pretty much knows everything ;) 

You might have noticed I have a penchant for falling
water. 
Don't you love the sound and the freshness of
it? 
If you can find a waterfall, it makes a great 
FREE outing and usually involves some blood,
sweat and tears to reach as well. 
Some people call it exercise. 
The pictures are fun, everyone is 
refreshed and energized. 
I should be the waterfall poster child! 
Or work for the waterfall chamber of commerce. 
Go find one! 
And come lead me to it :) 

Meanwhile...

 there is a little
treat I've been saving to tell you about!
I suppose I read it online, to soak your feet
in apple cider vinegar which sounded weird.
We always hear of the benefits of vinegar,
don't we? 
I have started taking a couple tablespoons 
by mouth daily, to help with achy joints
(my husband swears by that)
but I tried the foot soak. 
Sakes alive!!!
My feet were soooo soft after probably 20
minutes and a towel dry. 
What an inexpensive little spa treatment.
I've done it twice now...that was about a dollar's worth. 

See what you think! 
Report back now, I wanna hear about your soft toes. 



15 comments:

Dayle @ A Collection of This and That said...

What a handsome lad, and that waterfall is divine. But please tell me more about the apple cider vinegar for achy joints. It seems I wake up with a new ache every morning.

AntiqueChase said...

I will try the vinegar and let you know!

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Phyllis:
Waterfalls, absolutely yes. Vinegar for the feet? We'll give everything a try!

Kathleen Grace said...

What a sweet photo, I love the look of exhuberance you caught!
Tell me more, is the cider working for aching joints? And you soak your feet in undiluted vinegar?
Details please!

nancygrayce said...

Love the photo of your son......and yes, at 13 he probably knows so much more than you! :)

Does the apple cider vinegar really help with achy joints???? If so I need to take it and take it now! Do you soak your feet in straight vinegar or diluted?

:)

Kelly said...

Love going back to see the kids photos when we did more outings together! Sweet memories! Your son seems to feel the same way about the water falls as you! ;)

Sooo funny you mention soaking feet in vinegar cuz, I have been doing just that for my planters wart on my foot! My friend recommended it and she said I had to use Heinz brand! Now I am finding my foot healing, but I have to do this for at least a month I believe, before it heals completely.I was not soaking my whole foot and I did not dilute! I wonder if Dr. Oz would recommend this? Te Hee!
I would love to hear more about the drinking it for joint pain! Thanks for sharing!

Olive said...

The waterfall shot is great. last tie I climbed up one I nearly fainted coming back down. I may try the vinegar thing for achy joints because I have rheumatoid arthritis. xo, olive

Amanda @ wandering said...

Even just looking at the waterfall is calming/soothing!
I'm going to try that foot soaking as soon as I get that type of vinegar.

Martina said...

Sounds good Phyllis - how much Vinegar did you take or this? Have a happy midweek!

Amy said...

You make me want to go out and find a waterfall!!!

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

Pretty pic! Soaking feet in vinegar....who would have thought it. Sounds like something I should do! Let us know how it works on those achy joints, and I might give drinking a little a try.

Jeri Landers said...

Auntie biss, or Phylis, you will be very surprised to find out that I do know Christie, quite well! She was out to my farm this summer, and I visited her in May. Small world, and nice to meet you!

Laurie said...

I loved my visit to your blog and I will pop over frequently! Thanks for visiting me at Nana's House and The Everyday Word, and no, I don't have 3 teenage boys! :) It is just me and my husband in our downsized home. Our 2 daughters are grown and married, and we have 4 grandchildren, 3 who are boys and so I am getting the experience of boys now!

I'm off to visit your Etsy shop!
Laurie

Cape Cod Washashore said...

A swig of apple cider vinegar also helps to naturally break up phlegm in your throat.

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

Vinegar,eh? My grandpa takes a swig along with olive oil every day. Fun post and thanks for the tip and the laugh! "Some might call it exercise". :)