Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Photo shoot and quiche




I babysat this little girl today while she was out
of school. 
She knows a day with me means a photo-shoot
and I only have to point at her clothing. 
She dresses and off we go! 
She has just begun ballet classes and piano. 
She is ten years old. 
I would trade skin with her in a heartbeat...so
fresh and pretty! 


Remember the Chevre quiche I told you I'd made? 
Just realized I had photos...like a good blogger would. 
I made some revisions since I didn't have sorrel or European
butter...
crust was excellent!


Before baking and after...

Mine had spinach and onions. 
I've made it twice now...second time
with no veggies at all...still delicious! 
I'm totally sold on chevre...goat cheese
and will buy it forevermore. 

Someone asked me in the comments yesterday,
where I'd put the new rug I ordered. 
Well, under my feet I guess! 
(just teasing...I...don't...really...have...
a spot, you know...for it) and how did you know? 

BUSTED :/ 

I just know that I love it and it was cheap :) 
Seems like rugs and linens are my weaknesses....
along with cute children and cheesy things in
pastry. En croute. Things in a crust...
Are you crusty too? 

13 comments:

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Phyllis:
She is so very pretty and clearly enjoys these photographic sessions!

And your quiche sounds delicious.

Kathleen Grace said...

Your photos of the kids are so wonderful! You bring out those sweet, innocent smiles, it's clear they love the photo shoots...and you:>) What a beautiful little girl.
It should be easy to find a place for that cute rug, you can even layer them you know.;)

La Table De Nana said...

What adorable pics..she's a natural!!!
I just made a quiche too..Yours looks beautiful:)

Natalia Glazacheva said...

Hi, Phyllis :)))) So nice to be back and visit my lovely friends again )))) What a wonderful photos!!! Ali is so sweet girl :o) And quiche looks yummy as well and your madeleines too ;o)
love
Natasha

see you there! said...

You capture such great expressions in your photo's. All the little girls must want to spend a day with you.

The quiche looks good, we like goat cheese but haven't tried it that way.

Darla

Carole said...

Now that's a great baby sitting job with your own model. She's a doll.
I love your quiche. Do you read Kasey Buick? she's always writing about the chevre quiche that she's addicted to. I have sorrel growing out of control in my garden. I never use it as i only know how to make sorrel soup with it.
Thanks for being my instagram buddy too.

x
Carole

Carole said...

Oh thanks for the link to the quiche!!!!! YEAH!

Martina said...

So pretty - the girl and the photos! You really deserve a lovely quiche ;) Have a super day!

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Oooh I love a good quiche, AND pretty little girls in lovely photos! Well done on both accounts, Phyllis! xo

Kelly said...

Your my kind of Gal Phyllis! Looks good and its a bargain, can't pass that up! I "may" need it or could be a great gift for someone!
Just adorable and sweet photos! What a SMILE!!! You are a Fun Sitter!!!
That quiche is making me hungry!!!
Keep enjoying life and making people SMILE!<3

nancygrayce said...

Wow! She is a natural model.....and such a doll.

That quiche looks wonderful. I've never had goat cheese, but looks like I need to try some!

Bobbypin Bandit said...

What a treat to babysit a fun and imaginative girl! I love that tulle bouquet!

Your quiche looks yummy and I so want one a piece right now.

Judy said...

What great photos. Very professional looking.