Monday, October 1, 2012

MSM 2


Welcome to Money Shot Monday again...I'll be linking later...if she is doing link ups at FlowerPatch Farmgirl.

We bank all our money on one photo for this post...thankfully though anything can be discussed. 

I'll explain the photo: my mother is in the driver's
seat with my aunt (her sis-in-law) in the passenger
seat. This is the only driving done by either of them
these days...they are 84 and 92 years old!
They barely walk either...so this ride is a fun
adventure. Mama has lots of things in her gardens
to see and she is not content if she can't make 
visits to each of them. 
She wanted to know how many comments she
got on Facebook! When I read them to her
on the phone, she laughed and said how 
fun this was! 
***

In the news...
mama cat's milk dried up...
I'm hand feeding five kittens every
couple of hours. 

I made a purchase today that I'm way too 
excited about (take note of the price reduction and say, "WOW!")

Because of Kasey Buick , I made Chevre quiche and
I. just. keep. making. it. SO good...goat cheese...who knew? 

My college boy was home over the weekend...we had
been apart for 4 weeks which is a first. 
He grew up WAY too fast. 
(two pics, oops!) 

Over and out~Auntiebliss.

11 comments:

nancygrayce said...

Oh, how cute your mama and aunt are! Great purchase and great price! Sweet, sweet picture of your son!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

What a couple of hot tickets! As long as they don't TXT & drive I think it's a great way to get around!!!

AntiqueChase said...

fun post!

helen tilston said...

I love your mother and aunt and their spirit. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Have a great week

Helenx

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Your Mum and SIL look like they are having a good time. Have a good week Diane

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Phyllis:
What an absolutely splendid picture of your mother together with her sister-in-law. And how wonderful that she should, at her age, be interested in what is happening on 'Facebook'.

Hand rearing young kittens cannot be easy, but a very noble thing to be doing! Good luck.

Dee said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog Dee at the Carlton via Miss Mustard Seed & for your encouragement. It is grey at times in the UK but it is also incredibly beautiful & unusual too so there is always something if your glass is half full.

Your Mom & her s-i-l look like great fun living life to the full!

I will certainly stop by & check on their antics again!

Regards
Dee

see you there! said...

Great that your Mom and her SIL found a way to get around. I checked your purchase - great rug and I couldn't believe the price. Don't you love a good bargain?

Darla

Kelly said...

You have a lot of stuff going on there Phyllis! I Sooo enjoy seeing and hearing about what goes on out your way! Your mom and aunt look like they enjoy every minute and what a shot!
So where will your new bright and cheerful rug go? What a deal!
How's it going, feeding all those babies? Yikes!!!
I am glad you had some time with your dear son! Adorable photo! How fast our kiddos did grow!<3

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

This is such a cute picture, Phyllis. I loved seeing your Instagrams of your time with your mom and aunt.

So cute that your mom asked about Facebook. My 92-year old Grandma gave mer HER grandmother's wedding ring recently and said, "But don't put anything on 'The Facebook' because I don't want the other kids to feel bad." LOL

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

You sound so gourmet-y with your chevre cheese! Is that really goat cheese? I had a student give a speech on her goats once and she served us goat cheese she and her mom had made. I loved the whole thing!