Friday, October 19, 2012

Me at the barn sale Hayloft at Port Royal

The time has come the walrus says...
(name that poem

My first time to participate in a barn sale is going
wonderfully! Someone said I was in my element
and I think so too. 
I sold a wee bit more than I paid for rent in the first
four hours. Now it will all be gravy for the next
two days. 
I'm trying to fund another mission trip to Alaska. 
I'm in my element there. 


Everyone is buying $5 and $6 items...I'm hoping
I don't have to lift that dresser again. 

The atmosphere is so incredible with so many
like-minded people. 
Everyone you know parades by your booth and chats. 

Would you rather be a vendor or a shopper at
a barn sale? 

Oh both? 
Well, I can see that about you. 



12 comments:

AntiqueChase said...

looks fun!!

nancygrayce said...

Shopper! And I would love to have that dresser!!!! Oh, if only I had a place to put it!

Everything looks wonderful and how fun!

Martina said...

Hmmm, i love barn sales as a shopper - so much fun to discover all these things and make pretty funds! I'm going to the fleamarket tomorrow! Have a fun time and lots of success!

Karen June Miller said...

Both. I wish I had a Tinkerbell cable. (Can you tell that I grew up near and worked at Disneyland?) I would glide my way over. This looks like so much fun!

KJ
Idaho

MaidMarion said...

You are in your element! It was super!

Cape Cod Washashore said...

How wonderful you're blossoming in that barn!!!

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

You are just as cute as a button! So wish I could be there. Hope you sell out and raise all you need for your mission trip. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Kelly said...

Look at you having all that FUN!!!
Sounds like SUCCESS Missy!!!
I admire your GOAL for Alaska too!
Now lets see, I LOVE a good bargain and yet to have a charming both like yours with so many items to sell and people to chit chat with, it's a toss up! <3

20 North Ora said...

I love being both. I love shopping and seeing what everyone has new and exciting. But, I love being a vendor also. Just seeing shoppers loving your merchandise and buying it and taking it into their home gives you such a good feeling!!

Looks like you had a good show.

Judy

see you there! said...

You DO look right at home there. I hope the rest of your day(s) was a big success. I think I prefer shopping, being a vendor must be a whole lot of work.

Darla

La Table De Nana said...

What a cute set up/love the turquoise dresser..it makes everything come alive:)

Looks like you enjoyed it!
I did that over 30 yrs ago..and enjoyed it:)

Stacey@A Sort Of Fairytale said...

Looks like you had a great show! :)
Did you sell the dresser?? ;)
I sold a lot of small items too!