Friday, October 12, 2012

Fall outing









Me and the two kids who aren't in college, 
took off down into Tennessee yesterday morning.
We took sandwiches and I took lipgloss, 
then we hiked to a waterfall. 

This one is called Machine Falls and is near Tullahoma. 
Quite amazing as you can probably tell! 
It was a real workout for this old chick because
of the climb DOWN and the climb UP. 
Whew! 

Very rewarding to know I did it though...accomplishment. 

A friend of a friend invited us three to stay in her
cabin near the falls. 
OH my goodness, I can't wait to show those 
pics...but it won't be tonight...
come back, you. 
Do you have a waterfall I need to know about in your area? 


11 comments:

Kelly said...

WoW! What great SMILES! Looking forward to seeing the rest. ; )

Phioxee said...

i love the place. nature is really wonderful


just me,
www.phioxee.com

Heather - The Good Life said...

What a pretty area! I love to get out in nature and explore. Enjoy your trip. Heather

nancygrayce said...

Oh, how wonderful to live in such beauty! I absolutely love waterfalls.....and no, the only falls here in flat Florida are the ones I take being clumsy! I did once hike up a mountain in Highlands, NC..... And I remember telling the Superhero that he'd better pray there wasn't a divorce attorney at the top! It nearly killed me, plus I'm terrified of heights.

La Table De Nana said...

Fall is a photographer's and artist's dream season..So pretty!

Glenys said...

It looks so very fun!! I like waterfalls!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Just beautiful! I know how you feel about he hike up/down! LOL! Here's a post I did this past summer!

http://oceanbreezesandcountrysneezes.blogspot.com/2012/07/serene-saturday-cascade-falls-lobstah.html

Ck it out when you have a moment!

see you there! said...

Looks like you and your boys had a great time at the falls. We don't have any falls nearby - but we do have the ocean when we want to play in the water.

Darla

Bobbypin Bandit said...

The falls are gorgeous! What a wonderful trip!

I am glad you took the lip gloss... that's what I would have taken.

Amy said...

That looks like such a beautiful outing!!!

-Amy

Kathleen Grace said...

Wow, such a gorgeous place! No waterfalls near my house, thanks for sharing yours:>)