Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Vintage vanity and Biscuits


Eye declare!
This is the most adorable little cream pot
I've seen. 
You know...if you rub that stuff under your
eyes, you'll have that same demure look? 
For real!
Did I ever tell you that I had a roommate 
years ago who separated each of her eyelashes
daily with a NEEDLE?
Talk about living on the edge! 
That must have been like the Extreme sport of 
makeup application, huh? 
Kind of like bobsledding only with 
mascara? 
Thankfully, she can still see outta both. 


Do people still collect perfume bottles?
This label is so purty and the cork is so cute. 
Well, these are both a part of my shop update.


So are these lilliputian wooden clothespins...which
remind me of my own mother's clothesline
still standing, but unused. 

I remember a small earthquake that sent 
us running outdoors and it was clinging to 
the pole on one end that 
more than likely saved our
very hides that fateful day.

I vaguely remember hanging wet 
clothes out.
 I love that pain-blocking 
mechanism we have,
in which to forget things 
that weren't total
fluffy bunnies and ice cream. 

But, yeah, the sheets did smell good. 

Gowns were a little on the stiff side. 


Speaking of Pinterest, haha, well you 
were going to, right? 
I finally tried those darned 7-Up biscuits.
They've been in my face since that site
began. I pinned 'em early on. 

They are mighty tasty. 
We ate them like cake last night with 
somebody's homemade preserves. 
Next time I'm going to put some
shred ched in and cook them 
in little heaps as the
Red Lobster chefs must surely do. 

Give me your biscuit memories, don't hold back.


8 comments:

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Phyllis:
If our eyes emerged looking like the ones on top of the pot after a dab of the cream then we should proclaim it a miracle cream never mind a vanishing cream!

Sadly, we can only tell of eating not making biscuits. We are no cooks!

Kathleen Grace said...

Biscuit memories....hmmm, the best I ever had were made by grandma, I have her recipe but they don't quite have the same taste as hers. Must be the love we had for each other made it all taste better from her loving hands. I kind of like hanging things out, now that I can choose to do it. If I HAD to hang them out I would be a real whining baby about it! lol

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

7-up biscuits....oh my...with homemade jam...oh my.....

made us forget all about your roommate and her needle!!!! yikes :)

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

Hi Phyllis ~ I'm so glad you put a photo of your blog title in your Instagram feed. I looked you up, found your sweet blog, and have really enjoyed a look around. Your writing style is adorable. ;o)

The first biscuit memory that came to mind was from my childhood when my mom would make the most yummy biscuits for breakfast and cover them with a warm chocolate pudding/sauce. Oh.My.Gosh.Yummy. Our friends loved sleep overs at our house because my mom was the only mom known to serve chocolate for breakfast. :o)

See you around in Instagram...and on your blog.

Kay K said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love Ky I used to live in Eastern Ky.
I am going to just look around here on your blog....

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Is a biscuit story still a biscuit story if they came out of a can?

:)

P.S I've been known to use a safety pin to separate stubborn clumped lashes....never once thought about it ending badly!

{oc cottage} said...

should i admit that i used a push pin on my lashes this morning???!!! ;}}

m ^..^

see you there! said...

Went out to breakfast recently and they had bacon/cheese biscuits. Oh yum! They were light and fluffy with bits of cooked bacon and shredded cheddar in them. I might try to duplicate them at home.

Darla