Monday, September 24, 2012

Money Shot Monday


I'm linking today with Shannan who is
Flowerpatch Farmgirl, of course! 
On mondays, she bets all her money on
just one photo for her blog post and today
we were invited to do the same. 

My laptop is at Best Buy getting a tune up, so to speak.

This one is my son's and I blindly grabbed a 
photo out of his collection. 
I know this one well! 
It was the plane that carried our family to Alaska 
in July for our mission trip. 
I've been pining for Alaska all day, so it's just 
making me want to go all the more. 

What I hear out of Alaska? 
Suicide rate is really high. 
Send white sheets for burial...I kid you not. 
Heartbreak in our own country...some people asked 
me if I wouldn't rather serve in the USA? 
And some even asked if I had my passport yet. 
Reminded me of when we were going through 
infertility and someone said, "don't worry if you don't
have children, someday maybe you'll have some
grandchildren." 

?

I guess we went to different schools or something? 

I'd gracefully say things like, "oh, you are thinking about Africa, it starts with an "A" :) 

I had to call out the one who said I'd have grandchildren though...

Sad story happy...we WILL have grandchildren (more than likely) and praise God 
for that! 
My boys know I'm counting on a reeeeal nice 
treehouse with a wrap-around porch in which to 
read storybooks to their children on. 

So that is Money Shot Monday number one.
How'd I do? 



Oops! 









6 comments:

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

YOu did good! :)
Aren't people just head-scratchers sometimes? People say the darndest things about infertility...

Had no idea about the suicide thing in Alaska. Sounds like a great place for some missions work.

ps - Your link somehow didn't work?? But I found you on Sally's page. :) Thanks for linking up!

Amanda @ wandering said...

I remember as a teenager a missionary from Alaska coming to my friend's church, talking about the suicide rate. So incredibly sad.
(And people are so dumb - heard some similar ridiculousness when I had a miscarriage.)
Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

see you there! said...

Alaska isn't a foreign country? LOL! Actually I'm old enough to remember when it became a State. Hope you get to go back there at some point.

Darla

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

That photo is amazing, I love shots from the air. Take care Diane

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

Pretty picture from a pretty girl! So sad about the suicide rate and the silly comment. I wonder what stupid thing has come out of my mouth that people are still talking about.

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

:o) I learn something every time I visit you, Phyllis. Awesome photo and I'm shaking my head at the things some people say. lol