Monday, August 13, 2012

Just a-swingin'


I got invited with a lot of other neighbors 
to a fairly impromptu garden party on
Saturday. 
This child decided it was time to be my friend 
at long last and began posing as she has seen
other girls do. 
I took lots of pictures while I had the chance! 
I heard that she cried back at home because
she didn't mean to wear this dress!!!



I had just come across this picture of
my oldest brother on his swing. 
He will be sixty soon. 
He has finally become a grandparent
and is loving it! 




This was one view I captured at the garden party...


and another...



it was so gorgeous as the sun went down. 

Simple pleasures are the best! 
Swinging...sunsets, flowers, trickling water, 
photography and hospitable neighbors. 

Sweet. 



5 comments:

Kathleen Grace said...

Gorgeous photos Phyllis! You'll have all the little kids in the neighborhood lined up for photos with you:>) Tell her I think her dress is just right!

see you there! said...

I like the dress but understand wanting to be in your BEST dress if you are going to be photographed.

Sounds like a lovely day.

Darla

Cape Cod Washashore said...

You are quite the photographer, Phyllis! I'm glad that little darlin' became your friend... her photo is precious!

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

love this pics and the sentiment! so true!

Gloria said...

A beautiful post! Love all of the photos you captured. Your words are so true...:) Very sweet!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Always nice to hear from readers...:)

Blessings for a wonderful day!
xoxo...Gloria