Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Do you hear what I hear?


I found a RATTLER this morning! 



See this antique cabinet I have? 
Each time I walked near it I heard something and
it was driving me crazy. 
I finally took the time to investigate and
put an end once and for all to the noise.




It was these old plates from Bristol, England
causing the clatter. 

What?! 

You didn't think I had a snake in the house!



Sorry about that! 
My daddy was a joker and I've been
savoring memories of him this weekend. 
I hope you had a good father
and if you didn't that you found healing. 

Now, where to put those rattlers? 
I have no bare cupboards...isn't that 
a shame? 

7 comments:

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Phyllis:
Sometime these 'rattlers', which are not always easy to detect, need to be put to rest. As you have done today with, if we may say, such a very fine collection of china.

Natalia Glazacheva said...

WOW! Phillis, what a beautiful cabinet you`ve got there and these plates are gorgeous!
I found my way how to follow you sweet bolg
Have a lovely day
love
Natasha

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

HA! I've got a spillover too.
More cupboards is what we need.
xx
julie

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Ha ha!! You had us Phyllis...we were expecting to see the snake ~ the joke's on us! Love the plates....even if they do rattle a bit! We had a fantastic Father's Day with our Dad & his Dad...and guess what? They both would have gotten along really well with your father as well....they LOVE to joke around as well!
Enjoy your day :)

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

I have four glass jars on the top of my fridge. Occasionally one seems to move closer to the other and each time the fridge runs it makes a weird noise. It still catches me out from time to time while I wonder where the strange noise is!! Diane

Kathleen Grace said...

As a true friend I would be willing to store those noisy, bad dishes for you Phyllis. You know, the english variety of dishes is known for it's bad behaviour and constant noise making. For you, I would bite the bullet and put up with those delioquent dishes.
Just for you. Cause I love ya.

see you there! said...

You had me going there for a minute. I'm glad to know the noise if from the china and not a crawly thing.

I did have a good father, I'm one of the lucky ones.

Darla