Friday, June 8, 2012

Barn Sale Excitement!


I've read about them and admired them and now will
finally get to be a part of one!
An event is being planned in my wonderful
neck of the woods...
at Port Royal, Tn...about
40 minutes from Nashville, this October. 
It is called the Hayloft and you can bet 
that I'll keep you posted! 



All these photos are out of my archives, 
things I've had and sold
(flea market booth and etsy)
or things I inherited from my 
very collecty uncle. 



I'm trying to find my style groove and 
find out what I'll have in my spot at the sale. 
I want it to be GOOD.  :)


I have an idea but am sure I won't 
go for it at this time...I can imagine though,
a large wooden mustache/sign which 
says, Gentleman's Quarters. 
It would have old shaving sets, bowties, 
suspenders and homemade shaving soaps, etc. 
I shouldn't be telling my ideas, right? 




I went through a black and white pillow
making phase...half vintage cloth...usually
with an old earring or rhinestone piece
on it. 


Some things I'd like to carry, 
are too hard to find! 
Or carry (i.e. vintage typewriters)...

Shut your eyes. 

Now think of a sale in a barn...
 what do you picture yourself
snapping up to take home? 

Have you been to one? 

You can open your eyes now...
so you can leave me a comment ;)

10 comments:

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

Oh my gosh! Let me know the dates and I am going to try to come. I could be your pack and wrap girl. I don't like to handle money, so you can do that. I could fetch you lattes and help carry your bags of money to the bank when it was all over!

I about flipped when I saw your autumn dishes. Do you have some of those for sale? I have several place settings that I happened to find at an antique store in Indiana, and I have been wanting to add to them ever since. Let me know!

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

Bird related things; homey things; garden stuff! Good luck!
xx
julie

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Phyllis, You are so darn creative--just makes me sick!!!!! ha ha (Wish I had a tiny bit of that creativity!)

The Barn Sale sounds like it will be perfect for you... I love your ideas ... Bet you'll come up with tons of other ideas between now and October...

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Glenys said...

I've never been to one. Sounds like a lot of fun!!

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Phyllis:
Alas we do not have such sales in the UK and most certainly not here in Hungary. But how we should love them and so may of the items which you show here are, in our view, highly desirable.

Have fun, as we are sure that you will!

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Sounds so exciting but something I am not familiar with. I guess it is similar to our car boot sales. Have fun Diane

Kathleen Grace said...

Oh how I wish I could come! I'm so excited for you Phyllis! What would I buy? Vintage fabrics, dishes, well anything that caught my eye.That is the fun of a barn sale, you never know what you will find that you have never seen before:>)

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

That sounds like a load of fun :) And we think that your ideas are keepers...just think of the possibilities & the inspiration you will give each and every guest to the sale....what a fun fun time...we can't wait to see what it will end up being ~ but we'll be patient!
Karla & Karrie

Lena said...

What exciting news. It will be so interesting to plan for, and I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

When I think to sales that I've been to, often the most interesting booths have been those that are staged in ways that give me ideas for how I might decorate with items, or use things in ways that I haven't previously thought about. So, not so much the things, but how to use them, for instance, I love how folks will use the heads of old rakes as shelves, or for hooks, ect.

I love the thought of your gentlemen's booth!

see you there! said...

What fun, I know you'll have great stuff and wonderful ideas. Of course when I go to this type of sale I'm looking for old paper things. photos and maybe game pieces to use in collage. Be sure to have a basket of rubble for me to paw through, ok?

Darla