Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The time has come, the walrus says,

...to talk of many things! 


Well, only one actually. And not so much talk, either. 


LOOK!! It is finished!! 



I know now, WHY I snagged this awesome piece
at a thrift store. The underside had nests of 
every species of spider and it's cousin waiting
to be wiped out. 
I'm pretty hardy when it comes to spider wipeage...and I have already been bitten on the bum by a brown 
recluse, which didn't eat near the flesh I was hoping
it would :/

What were we talking about? 

Oh. So, I think it is arachnid-free and I'm 
SO in love with my hutch!!


I've dreamt of her forever and I won't take
her for granted. 
Dressing her was a joy and I've redressed
her already like a paperdoll cut out of Sears
and Roebuck. 
That was one strange comparison. 

Is there a certain spider bite that makes you do that? 
Should I head to the ER? 

Do you like her like I do? 


12 comments:

AntiqueChase said...

Love your new hutch! You did a great job with it!

MaidMarion said...

Enjoy your new hutch...good job! Are you going into the refinishing biz???

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Phyllis:
An absolutely splendid addition to your home - with or without the spiders!!

Kathleen Grace said...

Oh yes I do! Wow, what a beautiful transformation Phyllis:>)

Vintage Jane said...

Looks just grand. Good job done.

see you there! said...

Your hutch make over was a great success. I'm sure it is happy to be spiderless as well.

Darla

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

Looks great with your light and airy room!

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

Oh yes, I know all about hutch love and this one is a beauty. You really did an amazing job. I have a couple books that are full of hutch pics and my favorites are always CRAMMED with wonderful old china, But cunningly arranged. What a find.
xx
julie

Martina said...

You are SO CURAGEOUS Phyllis! OMG, looks like you've earned this treasure of a cupboard! It does look so beautiful! Happy midweek dear!

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Wow what a great buy, this is gorgeous. Diane

nancygrayce said...

Yes, I love it! You did a great job! However, I would have probably gone to the hospital (or at least called my doc) if a brown recluse spider bit me! I'm such a wimp

Lena said...

Oh it looks so nice, Phyllis. Congratulations, that was a big job.

Congrats to your son, and to you and your husband as well, on your son's graduation. It's a very special time in life.

xo
Lena