Monday, April 2, 2012

Living Last Supper


I had seen nativities done like this but not the Last Supper.
All that the men had been talking about recently was their lines,
so when they all came out and struck a pose...
I was speechless! 
It was incredible and did look so much like the
famous portrait I thought.
They held it through a song
by the pianist. 
My husband is on the far left and two of my boys are 
on the left of Jesus...



He was so soft-spoken it really was convincing.
His grandma had a haircut appointment
the next morning for him :) 



Our pastor playing his part (Phillip). 

Have you memorized the disciples?
I learned them in alphabetical order to make it easier. 

Hope your Easter week is wonderful!
It was nearly ninety degrees F here
today :/ 

10 comments:

Cape Cod Washashore said...

That's WONDERFUL, Phyllis! I'd never heard of The Last Supper being portrayed live before. Must have been surreal to watch!

Julie Harward said...

I think that is way neat...we really need to think about Jesus Christ at this Easter season and always. :)

Kathleen Grace said...

So cool Phyllis! I have never seen this done but it's immediately recognizable. I'm so glad you snapped a pic to share with us:>)

Mac n' Janet said...

How wonderful, it must have been amazing to see.
Happy Easter to you, we're off to be with our daughter.
It was nearly 90 here too.

Gloria said...

I think that is so wonderful! Beautiful photo!
Celebrating the real reason for this Easter season is so important. I am so thankful we have been blessed with the gift of salvation through the sacrifice of of our dear Lord Jesus. He lives!!

Happy Easter!
xoxo...Gloria

susan said...

Love this! I also love the way you called it a family portrait because that is what they were- a family. And to think we are now a part of it too....Thank you Jesus! Have a great week!

see you there! said...

This must have been so moving to see, what a wonderful idea.

Darla

jojo caramel said...

Happy Easter!

Miss Gracie's House said...

I haven't seen this done before...looks awesome...especially since your men are in it!
Rene

Merci-Notes said...

I have not seen this done before, it looks powerful!

xo, Mary