Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Floral Abundance/Meetup??


Man, I love having plants and flowers
in the house. 

It makes everything else look better ;)

I have given my sister-in-laws 
orchids as gifts and this birthday, 
they gave me one. 
It is my first and I'm having to remember
to put three ice cubes once a week. 


Remember me saying I wanted to collect 
different daffodil bulbs? 
I want to ask and see if there is any
interest in a blogger meetup/bulb
swap (incl. others like hyacinths, tulips, lilies...)
in Tennessee somewhere
(Nashville, Lebanon?)  
I've never been to a meetup 
and think it would be fun. 
We could dabble in a little junkin' as well. 
I know many of my five readers
do not live within proximity...
yet some might! 

So let me know? 
Does this interest you? 




My middle boy texted me something like
eight times reminding me it was his 
six month anniversary with
his fourteen-year-old
girlfriend and it would be
the end of him 
if he forgot. 
And would I please get six 
pink roses with a lime green bow. 

I got to enjoy them on my counter
until the little darlin' got out 
of school :)

I'd better brush up on my mother-in-law 
skillz, huh? 



Fruit also is so pretty in the presence of 
flowers! 
But be warned...citrus near
roses is a no-no. 
Something like Chernobyl happens...
not sure what, but I saw it once on Rachel
Ashwell's show that she had. 

Here is the part where you click on comment 
and tell me what is on your heart. 
Don't hold back, 
let it out! 




8 comments:

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Phyllis:
Your idea of a blogger get together for sharing garden plants etc. sounds wonderful. Practical and fun, now if only several thousand miles and an ocean did not separate us......

We do so agree about flowers around the house. it is so lovely to have seasonal blooms cheering everything up. We have, however, given up on Orchids since, although we love them, we cannot keep them alive for more than a few minutes of them entering the house!

Julie Harward said...

Loved your post, I love flowers in my home too. I once had 36 rose bushes and roses in every room! (I am going private, if you care to follow, come and leave me your email.) :D

Tutti Chic said...

Great post...I am a garden designer in massachusetts & love having plants near all the time too! :) chris

Paige Thomas King said...

i don't do bulbs (too much planning), but i'd love to get together. keep me posted.
paige

see you there! said...

Your flowers look so pretty. I have a bunch of iris in a clear glass vase sitting on my kitchen table. DH picked a bunch from our yard and brought them to me ths morning. Iris are my favorite flower and over the years he's planted tons of them.

Yes, lets meet up... what's halfway between your house and mine?

Darla

MaidMarion said...

Lovely flowers....what's with the ice cubes???

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Keep me posted on this flora-gettogether! Sounds like my cup of tea! ;)

susan said...

I have been able to go to two events recently where I met some of my favorite bloggers and both of them were really fun. I just have to share this-my neighbor has been collecting daffodil bulbs for years and I finally had a chance to go take some pictures there. Who knew there were so many different kinds? Here is a link to my blogpost where I shared the pics.
http://avintagefarmwife.blogspot.com/2012/03/im-wordy-holly-at-full-circle-creations.html