Wednesday, March 14, 2012

the mother of what?

At the foot of the bed...is where 
my birthday balloons have been tied. 
Why not? 
I say let us celebrate the thing that 
draws us in and begs us to stay put,
no matter the cost. 
Wallow in those new pink birthday sheets
and throw caution to the wind.

Yes, I got up at six, 
how did you know? 
Pity, right? 

That stuff streaming in the windows
is what's beckoning now. 
I'm going on a photo-op
with my middle son on a class trip.
We'll see what ensues! 
I'm gonna wear capris. 
It is going to be hot here today. 


Like sands through the hourglass...so is the dust on my
furniture. 
Did you know you can BLOW dust off
your furniture? 
Bad news is, it lands on other pieces.
Best get some dusting spray and a cloth. 

Reminds me of my firstborn son...
when he was five, he came out of his room 
with a eureka look on his face...
"MOM GUESS WHAT? I THOUGHT OF 
A WAY TO MAKE MONEY PLAYING cards!!!"

He has reinvented lots of wheels. 
And broken a few as well. 
I love him. 



My husband once played golf with the guy
who invented Velcro. 
I wonder if Astro-turf had anything to do with it?
I mean if a golf course had Astro-turf and
 he tripped and fell and couldn't get up
because he had on ...um...
socks with balls on them, knee socks or 
something and there was a eureka  
moment that ended up making
him a millionaire!
A happy accident. 

Invention is the mother of necessity~
is what I accidentally said the other day.
I had to stop and think what it meant in 
reverse...
like, "I made this, see what you can do with it"
Haha!

Like some of the meals I put on the table :/


10 comments:

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Happy Birthday!!!!Have a great day. It sounds like a fun busy one:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Phyllis:
Happy Birthday.....we do hope that we are not too late with our good wishes!!!

What a coincidence that your husband knew the Velcro inventor. We once were acquainted with the barcode inventor. These always seem like such simple ideas that one cannot imagine why one did not think of them oneself.Still,money does not always bring happiness.....but one could have an attempt at it!!!!

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Happy Birthday, dear charming, witty and wise lady! Have fun on that field trip... you and I both jump at those school photo ops! ;)

I see your Annalee doll on your blog header! Those are made here in New England (NH to be exact... well... they are outsourced now but the company is still based there). I should pull out my Annalee mouse and give it a photo op! ;

nancygrayce said...

LOVE the pink sheets! Happy Birthday and many more!!

jojo caramel said...

Happy Birthday from Paris!

jojo caramel said...

C says :
- Joyeux anniversaire Phyllis !

see you there! said...

I'd be tempted to stay right in those pink sheets all day. Hope you have a good day out with your camera.

Darla

Glenys said...

Happy Birthday!! Didn't know it was your birthday! :D

Kathleen Grace said...

Isn't the sunshine glorious!? I get up with the sun too, I just can't waste that soft morning glow:>)
I hope your birthday was wonderful!

MaidMarion said...

Have fun dear friend!