Thursday, February 9, 2012

Just Ten Things


1. When I let myself be photographed on Christmas morning
in 1995 in my gown, there was no internet.
There is no set date as to when the internet started. 



2. Everybody needs a mentor. 
I love mine. 


3. It is incredible how we look up to people and learn 
from them even when we don't mean
to...
they're ways grab hold of you're mind
and personality. 

(sorry Mrs. Lawson! I just had to do that ;)


4. However hard you try to remember 
certain things...they slip away,
which is why video and photos
are so precious 12 1/2 years 
later. 


5. Don't believe anyone who tells you
you can't do something. 
Shake it off and set your goals 
higher than you did the first time. 
Those people are not dreamers like you. 


Shelton

6. Every once in awhile it is good to wear
something totally unlike you.
I just started wearing black this past year. 
My mind was closed to it but I was 
wrong and now I love it. 



7. You can view certain things in your
day as work
or as pleasure. 
Choosing pleasure makes the day more fun
and it goes faster. 


8. Baby boys in our family used
to come one at a time, however
regularly. 


9. The best relationships
might involve 
differences in age and/or
race. 


10. Ten.
Ten pounds is probably what I'd gain if I ate 
this. 
By now you might have figured out that I 
dropped my camera this week and bent
the daylights out of my five-hundred dollar
lens. 
Why on earth did I buy a five-hundred dollar
lens and not use a camera case? 
Until I get my lens replaced,
we, no I, will be using random old
photos on my blog or 
taking something from Pinterest.
Don't tell me you haven't been there.
I've seen you!

 That was you in the blond wig, right? 

7 comments:

nancygrayce said...

Oh, my! I just got my first "big girl" camera, but I only have the lens that came on it....I should, under NO circumstances, get an expensive one. I'm very clumsy!!! But I love old pictures! :)

Glenys said...

This brings back memories. I can almost hear Taylor Swift's The Best Day in the background.

La Table De Nana said...

I like old photos..:) But feel very sorry for you that your lens hurt itself..It's a big expense etc..And it's part of our days isn't it these cameras and us? Hope it gets resolved soon~

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

You funny girl, me in a blonde wig. No one including me would want to see that. I will see you in about an hour!!!....love you....m...

Glenys said...

I love bookstores, just wish the books are a little cheaper. I wanted the first book. I've read the second and third. :)

Martina said...

Such a sweet post - love all the memories here! Hope your sunday is filled with LOVE!

Lea said...

Beautiful memories to share!
Sorry bout your camera, but I so enjoyed your pictures! xoxo
WHAT A BLESSED LIFE!
I loved number 7 the mostest!!!