Monday, December 19, 2011

Sweet!


i hosted our sunday school class dinner at the house.
this is the candy bar where everyone loaded a little red sock for themselves before leaving. 
i'm thinking this pic would make a nice card. 

my doctor today asked me if I'd been eating candy.
i came clean and confessed. 
what's a girl gonna do? 
i promised him I'd be skin and bones upon
the next visit in march. 


kitty and puppy have been quite loving to each 
other and us. they are hoping for some table scraps
this year. 
the kids and us...we are all satisfied. 
nobody is wishing for anything which is rare 
and good. 
i have enjoyed Christmas cards from 
blog friends so much! 
thank you!!! 
***
i've gotta tell you about a hot new website....this one has a database getting larger daily, of tutorials. you can search a specific 
one or hit the button for a random one. check it out! 


winter officially starts thursday! 
i for one, am hoping for a nice whiteout
for Christmas. 
this photo was taken last year, out a window
here :) 
old man winter is just so pretty to me. 
i know some people pine for summer
but this is my special time and i'm 
so happy! 
also?
coats cover a lot of things bikinis do not. 

***


13 comments:

Julie Harward said...

LOL Love your last statement! Love this site too, thanks for sharing it! Merry Christmas! ;D

Glenys said...

So many candies!!! The winter looks lovely.

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Phyllis:
What a very generous and lovely idea to have had a 'bar' where everyone was able to fill a little stocking with sweets. We are certain that people will have thought it magical.

The first light dusting of snow fell on the Buda hills this week so we may yet have a white Christmas. Like you, we lways enjoy the winter.

Cape Cod Washashore said...

I love your posts. You are so much fun! When I EVER get some set-me-free mommy time and a ticket to wherever I want to go, I'm coming to visit YOU! xo

see you there! said...

You are right, the first photo would make a great card. The "candy bar" sound like a fun idea too.

Lets eat all the candy we can and worry about the results later :-) Someone made us some fudge, oh boy!

Darla

Virginia said...

Phyllis, May the Christmas season, fill your home with joy your heart with love & your life with laughter.
Best wishes for a MERRY CHRISTMAS
& a HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Blessings,
Virginia

Martina said...

Christmas without candies and coockies doesn't work - we can have a diet in Jan.! Happy celebrating Phyllies!

Lorraine Young Pottery said...

Winter started for me a few weeks ago brr....

A walk a day keeps the cookie away, well at least the effect of it!

HUGS
Lorraine

Kathleen Grace said...

Lol, I'm all for coat coverage, it's the early darkness I can't abide, but today is the solstice so the das are getting longer again. Woo Hoo! Chilly and raining here the past few days, a white Christmas seems unlikely. Merry Christmas my friend!:>)

nancygrayce said...

Yes, and after all the goodies I've eaten I need a bigger coat! Thanks for the info on that website. I need lots of help!

Merry Christmas!

Lea said...

Ha! That's mykinda bar!
Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas Phyllis! You're all on my fridge again!
Hope you get some snow!!!
Hugs, Lea

Lena said...

What a wonderful idea that is, to have a candy table and socks to fill.

I love this time of year too. I'm hoping for snow, but I don't think it's coming anytime soon. It is chilly, but the sun is shining brightly here today.

Merry, merry Christmas!

Paula Parrish said...

Wow, your candy bar looks amazing. I linked over and checked out the website you recommend, so cool, thanks for the link.
Smiles, Paula