Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fall day with a little niece


Finally got my hands on this little great-niece
for a photo shoot. 
She was more than ready and I've been
told to pick her up tomorrow again
after school. 



The clothes I collected from Goodwill and she
had the boots already. 
This is my current favorite hobby...styling and doing
photo shoots. SO fun. The children love it 
too...they feel special. 

I really wanted to keep the sunglasses
because they are a rare find...
little tortoise shell Hollywood-looking specs...
but she begged and I caved :)


She nearly scared me to death! 
In all seriousness she said that she
had crawled out her window in the night 
last night and couldn't get back in because
nobody heard her. 
I tried to stay calm and asked more questions...
she told how she ended up crawling back in 
the window...and I asked what happened 
next with baited breath...

" a baby monster poked me in the eye". 

I've never been so thankful for a monster! 


I asked her if she'd read the book,
Where the Wild Things Are.
She looked at me like I was crazy. 
I have always loved that book and 
the movie is precious. 

To quote one of my friends...
"thanks for your indulgence" !



11 comments:

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Phyllis:
Absolutely delightful. We are totally charmed!

see you there! said...

Darling girl. I love the photo with the leaf. Someone lock that bedroom window! Ohhh, the things they think of even if maybe they don't do them.

Darla

Cape Cod Washashore said...

You sure do take beautiful photos of all these little ones... such a gift!

La Table De Nana said...

Nothing more adorable than wee ones..what a model you have there..Great shots.

Kathleen Grace said...

What a lovely little girl, Phyllis! All this practice has certainly made you a wonderful photographer. Your photos of children are wonderful, you seem to be able to get them to relax and be themselves in the pictures. Not an easy thing to do!

Kathleen Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathleen Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
blessedmom's simple home said...

Aw, she's adorable! A little model in the making.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Marcia

Martina said...

Such sweet pictures and styling you did! You're getting better and better as a photographer. Have a lovely weekend - with more pix!

Julie Harward said...

So cute..she has the cutest face! :D

Jojo Caramel said...

She is very sweet and I think she is going to get a lots of candies tonight :)
Happy Halloween!