Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sweetpeas, antiques and parenting?



hello, sweetpea


have you had your breakfast? 


it's almost time for lunch by now

(don't ask...)


got your home spic and span? 
me neither...but I will...


i'm thinking i'll put these items into my etsy later on, 
that you see in this post


solid walnut handmade sleigh
howwww cute!

as for chatter...well...
today i find myself alone at home
with the kiddies gone to school
and me with no doctor appointment
or anything.
gosh, it's quiet! 
i just read that it takes 7000 days to get a child
from the crib to college. 
that is quite a commitment, isn't it? 
some of you have done it and some are just
on your way...or maybe are avoiding it at
all costs...which is okay if that is what you want. 
we struggled with infertility for years and so
consider our children huge blessings!
thankfully we get to take one day at a time, huh? 
and not all 7000 days at once! 

you are now welcome to leave your 
most helpful piece of parenting advice 
to me or anyone reading :) 
we have all been a child once...
so if you aren't in the parenting business,
I'd say you still know
something about it...
saggy diapers not good?
tell us about it!
mashed carrots not good?
we want to hear it!
well, not really....

7 comments:

Martina said...

My best parenting advice? Respect your kids the same way you respect adults, but demand the same from them. Laugh a lot, take it easy and be loving - even when you're angry ;) My kids are both great people, although their rooms look always messy - nobody's perfect! Have a lovely week!

Cape Cod Washashore said...

I'm still sad my daughter can't fit into her Disney princess costumes (because of me, the costumes are STILL hanging in her closet next to her clothes... and she is in middle school)! lol Sometimes moms just can't let go! ;)

Jojo Caramel said...

The crocheted tableclothe is really gorgeous...
700 days... so long, so short...

Mac n' Janet said...

Keep your sense of humor and realize we all make mistakes and our kids survive anyway.

eddieross said...

Love the antique spoons. Such a great pattern.
xo E + J

see you there! said...

Parenting advice? Just remember you are still going to be "parenting" when they are 50. Try not to yell at them :-)

Darla

Cookie said...

Miss Blissity,
Well, if you are gonna put chips on your lunch sandwich, at least they were BBQ!
Cookie