Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'm Taking You Out

linking to Frugal Friday  at the Shabby Nest

when it comes to reading magazine articles,
or pinning on Pinterest...
what i love the most is 
photos of alfresco dining...
that is, eating outdoors! 




it isn't just eating outdoors though, no sir, that excites me.
it is the setting that does the trick! 
and food that i like...not ROOBARB pie (sorry, Mama...)
my Mama doesn't like quiche best i recall, either.

styling is SO fun and taking pictures, funner! 
just wish all of you were here to sit and chat 
and nibble with me! 



this past year was one loooong wait for apples 
to come in again...
i picked two bags full the other day
and they are yummy, 
tart and tangy/sweet!


my pie is spinach with swiss cheese
and apple slices are floating in the water.
have you seen all the fruit flavored waters 
that people are making? 
how fresh!



listen closely...
store bought crust, unbaked
swiss slices X 3 on the bottom
handful of frozen/thawed/drained chopped spinach
4 eggs whipped with some milk or cream
salt to taste
two slices of swiss on top
bake at 350 degrees until crust and cheese are browned
to your liking~




embroidered pillowcase a must! 
quiche will NOT turn out
if this element is forgotten


take your pristine day, 
and make it a sweet one! 








14 comments:

see you there! said...

Thanks for inviting me, I quite enjoyed the quiche although I would have liked a piece of rhubarb pie too... but Noooooo.

The third pic, the one with the silver pitcher, is stunning.

Darla

MaidMarion said...

Girlfriend, you are so clever!

nancygrayce said...

Oh, I'm going to have to try that pie!

Deborah said...

Thanks for the invite! I'll be right over!

Kathleen Grace said...

I love quiche, and eating outside. I love eating quiche outside too:>) It is finally cool enoughand we have been dining outside almost every night. It really is so relaxing listening to the birds sing and the butterflies flit. Enjoy your picnic and photo styling friend!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

What a beautiful setting!!!! Loving the apples.....m......

Cookie said...

Miss Blissity,
Thank you for the delicious quiche that you brought to me!
It was just wonderful!
Sweet, sweet, sweet of you to think of me!
Cookie

Kaybe said...

Love the pillow. I agree - eating outside makes everything taste better.

Take good care,

Karen

Days at Buttermilk Cottage said...

Looks like a lovely way to have a meal or an afternoon.
Best,
Susan

Jojo Caramel said...

Wow Beautiful! The spinach Quiche looks delicious! and the photos are gorgeous!
PS - Roobarb pie is my favorite :P Yum!

Bourbon&Pearls said...

Oh how stunning, I rarely make the effort unless I have company, I really must try harder.

Karena said...

So beautiful. I agree I love to see the al fresco dining settings as well as the great food. i love quiche!!

Thank you so much for visiting!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Glenys said...

That's so yummy.

helen tilston said...

Your presentation is spectacular, I am ready to rush over for the picnic.

Those apples look organic and no doubt delicious.

A great little escape

Helen xx