Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Great-aunt I am and will be!


i told you about the new twins in our family
awhile back :)
they are four weeks old now, at home and doing well!
this is so surreal looking at the photos i took myself...
TWINS!!! crazy, right? we have never had a set in
our family and no fertility drugs were used.


they don't look like our side of the family in the least LOL
but are adorable just the same!!


here is the mommy...my niece who only weighed five pounds
and ten ounces herself...
she is a modern-day mommy who knows how to handle a baby.
she has a two year old girl already.
Emily works for the chamber of commerce in her city and
has won a prestigous award for the whole state!

she is on leave of course :)

i wanted you to see my aunt's antique loom
that she gave Emily.


she intends to learn how to use it...
although when i don't know.
there is a second loom, my aunt said...
in the attic somewhere...
we will wait until after the temps
drop below one-hundred degrees to go up there.

my aunt once made a set of placemats.
she entered them at the fair to see if she could
win a ribbon...
well, they said store-bought items were
 not allowed and wouldn't let her enter them!

should i kiss those fellas for you?
are there twins and looms in your family?

8 comments:

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Phyllis:
The twins are adorable and you must love them to bits. And the photograph of you with them is lovely. Enjoy them while they are young for children, as we all know, grow up so very quickly, particularly so these days.

To answer your question, no, we have neither twins in the family, nor looms. On balance, we should probably have more success with the latter!!

see you there! said...

You look right at home with those adorable bundles. I'll bet you'll want to spend plenty of time with them.

Loved the loom story.

Darla

Glenys said...

I've always wanted a twin. They are so cute! The loom looks complicated.

Lena said...

No looms, but we have a set of twin neices. My husband's sister gave birth to twins the same year my son was born. They are so interesting to watch grow up. Very close, and yes, they did switch classrooms one time in school! LOL!

These little ones are adorable!

Cape Cod Washashore said...

such precious twins! and what an amazing niece you have! my hubby's gr-grandmother used to weave and guess what she gave me for my first married Christmas? her own handwoven placemats! ;)))

Jojo Caramel said...

The twins are so cute! Congratulations!
Beautiful loom!

nancygrayce said...

Those twins are adorable! There are tons of twins in our family.....thank the Lord none of them were my own! And if there were looms, I wasn't aware of it! What a great thing to have though.

Congratulations auntie!

Kathleen Grace said...

Such sweet little babies! I'm sure you are a "great aunt" in more ways than one:>) My grandfather was a twin (he had a twin sister) and my cousin had twin boys.
I have always wanted to learn weaving, how cool to have a loom that belonged to your Aunt!