Tuesday, August 30, 2011

French Country


ever with tech problems of one sort or another...
i came up with this pic today of mega-french farmhouse-inspiration
to share with you and discuss...
i LOVE copper,
you? 
it cooks really nicely and makes an awesome gift...
i have given it recently and over-joyed the recipient.
i also "borrowed" my mother's copper pots as she can't stand
in her kitchen anymore and her meals are served to
her...i am honoring her cooking with my own...
mostly apples these days.
my husband's late cousin had planted 40 
trees and they are honoring him
with a lot of fruit!

i am not able to hang my copper pots
as i have a really little galley kitchen
with no space for such frivolity
BUT oh, i would! 
do you love that look too? 
where are your pots?
any other copper in your kitchen? 
***



12 comments:

AntiqueChase said...

THis is really timely because I just raided my mom's closet and took all the copper she didn't want. I have no where to hang it either... I love the color but not sure if I love it in my kitchen... copper..?? yes or no? I'm still not sure!!

La Table De Nana said...

I love the chairs:) I have my copper pots hanging..LOVE the chairs:)

Kathleen Grace said...

A beautiful photo Phyllis. The older I get teh more I long for a simpler look in my home. I'm working up the gumption to paint the living room white, much to my girls horror. They cannot believe their mother who used to just hate white walls,(so many other pretty colors to choose from!)would change like that. But of course, I still have lots of bright colored furniture and such. White just calms it all down a bit.
As for the pots, love them! But man, copper can be really expensive. It's on my some day dream list:>)

see you there! said...

Beautiful dream kitchen. I have pots hanging from a rack over the stove. Not copper tho. The only copper I have is a big bowl (for beating egg whites) and a wonderful copper colander that is often filled with lemons and sits on my kitchen table.

Darla

Vintage Jane said...

We have hung old scaffold ladders over over cooker and woodburner in the kitchen. My pans (not copper sadly) hang from these on old butchers hooks. It works well because it means the pans are always to hand just above your head. M x

Mac n' Janet said...

Love copper, bought a ton of it when we lived in Turkey,

Jojo Caramel said...

I like copper! I have found mine 20 years ago in a great shop in the center of Paris, and I don't forget them :)
They still are beautiful

http://www.e-dehillerin.fr/en/heavy-duty-copper-lined-with-tin.php

Jojo Caramel said...

Oups, I mean, I do not regret them :D

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

That is such a restful, gorgeous kitchen. Yes to copper. I don't really mind polishing it either.
My favorite piece is a simple charlotte pan with the chef's initials on the front, they used to do that, I understand , in France.
julie

Glenys said...

That's a lot of pots. We have copper ones but we don't hang them up like that.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

So Very Beautiful!!!!!....m....

Martina said...

I alwys loved coppe pots - especially on a turquoise wall, which a neighbour in my childhood had. But your photo here is also very pretty. Have a happy weekend!