Monday, August 8, 2011

Early August Fun

we found a local creek to play in today

a last hurrah before school starts this thursday

one of us is ready for the season to change...

this wild blossom had the most delicious scent i've ever

we took a picnic and a girl with us :)

this isn't her.

boy number two...practicing his Kendama skills.

this was a first for us...swinging out over water and letting go.

this little white kitty came up to greet us.
i intended to adopt it but it disappeared after it 
got a full tummy. 

what fun have you had of late? 


Kaybe said...

Oh does that water look inviting not to mention the rope swing! The Gulf of Mexico was 88 degrees at Englewood Beach where I live...not refreshing in the least. I have never heard of a Passionflower growing in your neck of the woods. Very cool.

Take good care,


see you there! said...

What a beautiful creek, I'll bet everyone enjoyed their dunk.

I can't believe school starts already. I think it starts next Monday for our GD.

I'm headed back to the mts. this morning - pool's open until Labor Day.


Kathleen Grace said...

Very little fun I'm afraid, although this weekend we are getting away for a couple days to just relax and recharge. Jumping in the creek sounds like a wonderful way to spend the afternoon!

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Oh what FUN! I wish we had places like this here! We have no creeks! :( What fun it must be to swing and drop in the water! Cute girl, sweet cows, and adorable kitty, too!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Looks like you had a very fun day!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I remember doing this with kids I grew up with in the good ole days of Summer.

Lena said...

These photos sure did turn out nice, and that kitten is a pretty one. They are so hard t resist when they are so small and sweet, aren't they.

Well, I enjoyed opening my package from your Etsy shop. Thank you!


Libbie said...

THis looks like the most AMAZING day ever! I wish I could have a day like this! Lots of good memories you are giving them! :)

Jojo Caramel said...

Beautiful photos!!! What fun! I love the creek!

eddieross said...

Looks like such a fun picnic! Wish we had a rope swing like that!! Enjoy the rest of your summer!
xo E + J

nancygrayce said...

We've been talking about canoeing down a creek locally. Talk is about all we've done though!!!

La Table De Nana said...

THESE are what summer is about..Great shots:)

Cookie said...

Miss Blissity,
Nothing like a jump in a good old swimmin' hole to get the heart racing!