Friday, July 29, 2011

Sweet relief!


relief only from a problem i had...not from this
oppressive heat and humidity!! 
send ice! 
i'm dreaming of a nor'easter!!!



oh the shame!

i couldn't have friends over...
my cords
were embarrassing me like,
stained teeth or gas even! 

i live with four guys...they didn't see a problem :/
(husband and sons...don't worry...)
i put my thinking cap on and came up with a fine solution 
you've gotta see!


i had a piece of fabric i'd saved for years...
a wonderful blue stripe, woven, not stamped on.
i called my friend to help me make a curtain 
for the console table.
and she took over like a custom designer
 and solved my problem before sundown!


i just slid all that tangled mess under the curtain :)
shhh! now don't tell anybody, okay?



holy cuteness!

i can't tell you how relieved i am to have this!
(and the friend, right?)
 ****

i have not made my usual rounds leaving comments
as i'm having trouble with my laptop and
certain people aren't too fond of sharing...
bear with me and don't leave, okay? 
it is always fun to hear what you have to say. 

tell me now...
is there a design problem of sorts at your house
that is worrying you? 
let's hear it!

14 comments:

Glenys said...

That's really awesome. Great friend you have there and a great idea too!

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello:
Oh, all those sockets, wires, cables and routers - we know only too well. In desperation we had to have a 'professional' in to sort us out and at least what we now have on show we can live with. Yours is a brilliant solution. Long may it all continue to function unseen.

We do hope that by now some cooler weather has reached you.

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

What a beautiful solution to unsightly but necessary technology! You've given me some ideas my friend! Love the fabric too!

Happy to stop by, have a great day!

Mary

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Fabulous solution! And I LOVE the fabric!

Problems here? My gosh - loads! LOL Summer dust is my least favorite... it covers everything and I have to dust way too often. ;O

Deborah said...

great ideA! Keep up the good work!

Kathleen Grace said...

I love that beautiful fabric and the ruffle you used it for under the console. Brilliant idea! Myself, I have to admit the cords don't bother me. I think I'm in the minority with that but so be it. Design problems at my house? Hahahahaha

see you there! said...

What a great solution. I have a design problem in the bedroom. It has become a mismash of things. I know the room needs painting so I just keep stuffing odds and ends in there and closing the door. My solution of the moment.

Darla

Lena said...

I have a similar cord problem in one area of our house. Unfortunately, your solution won't work for me, but it is a great idea for your space. My guys say it doesn't bother them, but they have said they'll help with a solution, 'cause they know things like that drive me a little nuts. I'm a very visual person, so the details matter to me, that way.

I hope you're having a nice weekend!

Virginia said...

You are very clever, my friend.
Have a Blessed week, all the best.

The French Bear said...

Wow, you are so creative, that is awesome!!!!!
How lovely, what a clever idea!!!!
Hugs,
Mags
xxxx

Vintage Jane said...

Fab idea ... and looks good too! M x

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Phyl, I have a housefull of cords also---especially in the computer room. We are gradually going cordless --but that will take awhile... It would take a room-full of curtains to hide our cords.... ha ha

Hugs,
Betsy

She'sSewPretty said...

That is really cute!! I hate looking at the cords. Why doesn't it bother the men? I have lots of design dilemmas. Don't even know where to start though!

Jojo Caramel said...

It's lovely! A great idea!