Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I have Flat Princess!

Shout out to our waitress extraordinaire *Megan* in Chicago at the Pizzaria Due! Hellooo!!! 


who is Flat Princess? 
she has a colorful past! 
see her here
see her here 

her first experience with us was on a ferris wheel...
i did not remember she had been on one previously...but she does enjoy a carnival ride!


that girl is always ready to travel! 
she has been around the world and needs a new
destination.
can she visit you next? 
let me know and i'll make travel arrangements for her.

she insisted on our photo together being small,
which was cool with me being as how I'm not 
the seventeen year old I feel I am :/




poor girl couldn't see out but still enjoyed the breeze!
***\

our nephew's fiance *Dai* comes from artsy Arizona and wanted her name in her Etsy shop name. 
Jamison helped come up with the shop name and she has now opened for business! 
stop  by and see her awesome vintage goods :)


****


this girl I "met" on a blog
Jowann jumped out and grabbed my heart!!!!
she is an unloved girl with nothing... to say the least.
if you are a pray-er...jump in with me in asking God 
to tend to her in special ways. 
People ask God, "why haven't you provided for your children?"
God would say..."I did...you kept what I provided and didn't take care of those I intended for you to. YOU are my hands and feet."
I have so much more than I need and can sacrifice so much
more than I have. God forgive me. 

5 comments:

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Phyllis:
How you could have gone on the ferris wheel is quite beyond us. Just looking at the pictures made us feel quite queasy! What an adventurer you are.

And, you are so right. We all have so much more than we need and it is good to be reminded that there are so many prople in the world who need us to be more generous in whatever ways we can afford.

Kathleen Grace said...

Oh Phyllis, I went to the blog and my heart breaks. Do you know anything about the blogger? Are they missionaries? There is no information on how to donate or anything. If you don't know I'll leave a comment and ask them.
We are reading the book "Radical" by David Platt in our Bible Fellowship and our lesson last week was on sacrificing and helping those in need. Point taken.
Thank you for featuring this need.

see you there! said...

Does the Flat Princess want to come to the Bay Area? I can't promise any amusement park rides but she'd be welcome to spend some time. We NEVER make guests do the dishes.

Darla

Merci-Notes said...

Where does Jowann live???

So true Phyllis. I am concerned about the Sudan as they gain Independence this year (July 9th is there freedom day). It is VERY VERY dangerous for them. Many have already been killed.. but no one is reporting.. where is Hollywood? huh.

Some governments SHUT OFF THE WATER at times so no clean water and when my brother in-law returned 2 years later... Birth defects were up in the children.... SOOO TRAGIC.

Jowann is beautiful!... Oh! she has your photos!!!! Lovely. I hope that one day you get to meet...

we are helping a group of Sisters that care for children that are "given" to them. They are not Mother Theresa's order but they have a vow of poverty. All they have, they give. They wash clothes in buckets...etc.

Thank you for sharing Jowann with us.

nancygrayce said...

Looks like she had a great time with you! Can't wait to see where she goes next!