Monday, July 11, 2011

Fish out of water...My boy and I in Chicago!



tired driver/mom waiting on deep dish pizza,
half pepperoni/half mushroom.


boy, 12, spotting mushroom on his half and declaring whole pizza
unfit to consume :/


place Mom intends to keep from spending too much $ 
on Michigan Ave. 


exterior of pizza restaurant
where not one but two parties expressed extreme
interest in the state of Kentucky...as one had been there for 
a visit and one was headed there for research. 



and that is all I'm saying about that...
except...if you don't possess an Ipass...
don't pull in that aisle with a handful 
of quarters.


some gift shop I spotted from my car window. 


see the ferris wheel? 
that is on Navy Pier and we intend to hit that area hard. 
I'll let you know how it goes. 


i don't know...
$200 for jeans? 

(by now you probably see what i mean about fish out of water.)
pray for us. 

8 comments:

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Phyllis:
It certainly looks to be a very deep pool when it comes to the opportunity to spend!! We have much enjoyed these images and do trust that you will enjoy the Ferris Wheel. So far we have avoided the one in London - no head for heights!!

Martina said...

Will do - send a prayer - for you to have alots of fun! Have a lovely da :)

see you there! said...

Haven't been to Chicago in years but oh boy do I remember the pizza. Looks like you are having fun.

Darla

Kathleen Grace said...

I have been to Chicago many years ago. Let me tell you, this country girl had her eyes opened to how different city life is! I know just what you mean, it's a whole different way of life.

Lea said...

Girl I hope you and your son have an AWESOME TIME!!! Have some pizza for your olde buddy in Arkansas!
Praying...
Holykissses xoxoxoxo

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Looks like so much fun. Praying for you all!!!

Jojo Caramel said...

Lovely photos! Your boy's pizza looks delicious :)

Merci-Notes said...

oh Phyllis, I love your post. I am still out of water in Chicago as far as going it alone. You are Mrs. Indiana Jones" OH, that should me Mrs. Kentucky"!