Monday, July 18, 2011

Chicago Finale


home from Chicago!
back to reality :)



this is the Bean in Millenium Park


and silly old me in the reflection

these digital faces spew water for people to play in!


this shop, P.O.S.H. was right down my alley! 
vintage and french to it's very bones...the interior 
had an antique belgian conservatory installed


my travel partner and I at the Weber Grill restaurant


after picking up our teenagers from their mission work,
we had a play day together at Navy Pier and the beach there.
this is my oldest~Shelton

my baby puts up with waaayyy too much
sugar from the girls.



some attitude from the eldest

this is the team of hard workers!
they really accomplished alot of repair work
for people in need in East Chicago, Indiana. 


my middle boy, Chad and his cousin


decisions, decisions! 
why can't traveling be free? 
my baby and i devised a plan though...to earn 
money for travel...
we intend on selling lunches to shoppers 
at our local flea on fridays and saturdays.
i'm very inspired by one place we ate in particular.
it was called "Grahamwich" and had lots of little fresh
food ideas i think i can copy. 
we ate off of vintage tin trays lined with paper. 

Good to see you today! 


9 comments:

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Phyllis:
Wonderful, happy images which really do show you all having a most marvellous time.

Now, start selling that food in the market and, before we know where we are, we will be welcoming you to Budapest. Not nearly as far as Delhi!!

see you there! said...

Sure looks like you and your boys had a great time in Chicago.

I think the lunch stand at the flea market sounds like a terrific idea. It wouldn't be THAT expensive to travel to CA. Save up!

Darla

helen tilston said...

Hello Phyllis
Beautiful memories of a fun time. Love the smiles and joy on each face.
Your idea of earning travel money from your new business, no doubt, will be a huge success. Wishing your goodness

Kathleen Grace said...

Those are some fine looking bopys Phyllis! The days you spent with them will be treasures forever:>)

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Looks like you had a marvelous time! Your son looks SO MUCH like his cousin... definitely a family resemblance there! I lived in Illinois for three years, but only made it to Chicago once (for about 30 minutes)! Wished I could have been there, too!!!

Cape Cod Washashore said...

ps - this is my new blog now -- just photos -- it's the only way I could find time to blog these days. I'm making the other blog go "poof"! ;)

Lena said...

Chicago looks like a wonderful city to visit. My friend Beth sometimes mentions that she thinks we should meet "halfway" for a visit there, someday.

I'm so glad you all had such a great time!

Yelena Starikova said...

Wow!!! It must be a wonderful time!

Im your new follower!

AllGlamThings

Jojo Caramel said...

Yes it does look like a wonderful time in Chicago! The photos are lovely! xo