Friday, May 20, 2011

hey blossom!


welllllllll....i'm up late...can't sleep.
got new banners and roses on my mind. 

isn't my new rose bush pretty? 
i think it looks like peppermint.
i guess i could have read the tag to see what
it's real name is but i never did! 


tomorrow i'll set it out as well as a new hydrangea i got. 
i lost all five of mine in last year's drought which came 
after our really bad flood. 
i'm concentrating on potted flowers this year actually...
for the front porch. 
i don't love heat and weeding, etc. is NOT my thing...
so i'll stay under the roof of the porch and enjoy the blooms there.
i'm going to look for a fountain of some sort and a new
wind chime :)
do you have these items? 




8 comments:

see you there! said...

What a beautiful rose. Staying on the porch with your plants sound like my kind of gardening. You should make a wind chime out of old silverware.

Love the new banner, so summer-ish.

Darla

Glenys said...

Nice flower. Looks like it was sprayed with paint. Quite unique.

vivian said...

I'm not a big fan of playing in the garden either and thats exactly where I should be right now.. and where I am heading to very soon!
you have a sweet blog!
have a great day
vivian

Kathleen Grace said...

I always love flowers witht he speckledy, stripey look like this. So pretty:>) I don't have a fouontain but I love the sound of water. Windchimes, I don't know if I would like the constant noise. I'm kind of a peace and quiet kind of gal.

Lena said...

That is a very pretty rose.

I have a small fountain on my front porch, but I don't like windchimes at all. They get on my nerves, and make me edgy.

I'm one of those who enjoys working in my garden, but our days don't get as hot as yours. I wouldn't enjoy summertime weeding where you are.

xo

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

It does look like peppermint. Thank-you for my beautiful new banner. I love it. I am all about porch gardening. I have some more to do. Have a great week. See you in church tomorrow....m...

Martina said...

So beautiful your roses and photos! Love may for all it's flowers. Hope your week starts lovely!

Jojo Caramel said...

I can smell the fragrance of your beautiful roses!