Tuesday, May 24, 2011

FInds and shop update


blog post comes before the etsy update...
items should appear for sale within an hour or so...

i'm tickled to present you with yesterday's finds...

something about old whisk brooms that 
is intriguing people right now! 
first i've happened upon though...



small vintage leather gloves!
so cool...good for a shadowbox...
maybe in a man cave? 
the men in my family are antique 
display-ers...word is still out on my three sons...
but it is looking good so far...


new set of nottingham lace coasters in package and an
antique toothpick holder. 




another first for me...this german paper mache egg!



the inside has beautiful old paper with stars!


the best old salad plate with pink lacy edge



this IS flow blue, right? 
a dollar ninety-nine at goodwill! 





it's a platter! 




i just got soaked in a torrential downpour getting this 
table into the house! 
i'm so sorry about the people who have been struck 
weather blows of late...and hoping there 
won't be a repeat anywhere. 


this sweet mug rug came from a crafty friend 
who knows i love children!!! 
thank you Kathy, so much...i always think of you as
i try SO hard not to spill my coffee on it :) 
i'm the spillmaster in this house. 

***

my children and i all have the FUNK! 
how else to describe the sore throat and lots of 
drainage, congestion and some fever. 
stay away from us...and also you 
might want to avoid the almond biscotti
from Trader Joe's. 
i got some yesterday in Nashville and my hips and 
thighs have been doing weird things ever since.





10 comments:

Cookie said...

I knew it was gonna be trouble the minute that Almond Biscotti bag hit the bottom of your grocery basket!
Good times at Trader Joe's !!

Cookie

see you there! said...

Good finds! I love that red flashed toothpick holder. I have a big ol' hoard of red flashed glass, much of it souvenier glass with place names and dates painted on it in gold.

Hope you feel better soon!

Darla

Vintage Jane said...

Love all your finds but especially the egg - I collect them! Hope you're all feeling better soon ...

Lena said...

Goodness, my hips and thighs seem to be doing the exact same things, but I was blaming it on the donuts my mister brought home over the weekend!

These are some wonderful finds. I like that pretty egg too.

I sure hope you will all feel much better soon.

Kathleen Grace said...

I hope you all feel better soon Phyllis. A little rest and lots of Chicken soup is prescribed:>) Lots of cute finds and I LOVE that table!

Kathleen Grace said...

Oh, and you are so welcome for the mug rug my sweet friend:>) Enjoy and don't worry about the spills, pretty things are meant to be enjoyed, not worried over!

Jojo Caramel said...

Oh I love Kathy's mug rug! Adorable!
I hope you will all feel better very soon!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

LOL! I'll be sure to avoid those biscotti! Very cute finds.

Hope you all are feeling much better.

Karen June Miller said...

Ooo. Aaah. You have an eye my dear!

I wish we had a Trader Joes here to buy anything that would mess with me! We had TJ's galore in CA and here . . . we have nothing!!! I'm going to see if we can order online.

Good to be back! Glad to hear that you haven't been washed away by rain. Much prayer needed!

Smiles, KJ

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Great finds! Love the gloves, wish my paws would fit into them! LOL!!

Yes, you were one of my 1st Followers when I "burst" on to the scene, as you put it! LOL!!!

Blogging is fun, isn't it! Have a wonderful long weekend!

Mary