Thursday, April 28, 2011

One day in the country

i guess you've seen the stormy south part of the USA on
television...we have had some WEATHER. 
there was almost a week of tornado warnings non-stop.
trees fell on many people ...some in their beds.
while we do have trees...this is a tree farm...none are close 
enough to our house that if they fell, damage 
would be done. 
i can't tell you HOW many huge trees i've seen
totally uprooted and laying on their sides. 

schools have been in and out for days as
waters rise in creeks and rivers. 
but life goes on! 
all the birds are twitterpated...and
the bees have pollen on their hairy little legs.
today is GORGEOUS.




it was grandparent's day at our school.
i played grandmother for my child as his 
can't walk into the school. 
i served cookies and juice to the other grands
in attendance. 

it is truly SO amazing what a difference one
day makes! 



my boy and i stopped at a church and took pics
of some sheep and goats next door. 



they say when you are feeling sorry for yourself...
there is always someone in worse shape than you.
i've been struggling with my mass of unruly hair.
so, this sheep made me feel better. 


i've heard one day in the country is equal to 
a month in town.

which do you prefer? 
i have at least two readers who have residences in
both. that is awesome! 

13 comments:

Betsy from Tennessee said...

HI Phyl, We were spared yesterday --but after seeing all of the devastation all around today on TV, I am led to tears. It's just so sad what Mother Nature can do... And in today's economy---this all just makes me sad... However, I feel blessed to be here today.

AND yes---today is gorgeous. One would never know what we went through yesterday ALL day.

I prefer the country --and only love the city/town when I have to go shopping (or to the doctor or to the bank, etc.).... The country does make one feel so much better... Maybe that's what I need to do today to cheer up a little.

Hugs,
Betsy

see you there! said...

Having living space in two places is fun but it can make you a tad schizophrenic. Ask me how I know, LOL!

My hair was a mess too. I got it cut yesterday. Do you happen to have a picture of a SHORN sheep?

Darla

Auntie Bliss said...

No, I don't DS...so sorry :) they do look like goats only with tails pointing down rather than up.

The Robin and Sparrow said...

I love the sheep picture, cute enough to frame!

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Oh, poor sheep bad hair day ;)

I love that saying, ain't it the truth?

I think I Prefer country. I mean, at this time in my life I really do.

Your photos are dreamville!

Love, V

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

My heart just goes out to the people who had the tornados. The weather is crazy every where it seems. I prefer the country but love to shop in the city;)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Lisa said...

Hello neighbor, I am glad you survived the storms that passed thru Tennessee yesterday. I am outside of Knoxville, and just missed alot of the damage.

I love your blog. Hope you don't mind I added you as a follower.
Your pictures are wonderful.

Would take the country and farm life anyday.

Lisa

Little Leslie said...

We live between town and the mountains. We love it here. The city when need it it and the country for a good night's sleep. And, I'm sorry for people in storm torn areas, too. We have earthquakes, but not as many as tornadoes, or hurricanes.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

So many people hurt by these storms. I am praying!!!!! I am a country girl!!!!!Hugs...m...

Jojo Caramel said...

Oh my! Glad to know that it is OK for you. I don't like tornado...
I am a parisian girl :)
I love your banner and the photos of the sheep and the bee, fabulous! Thank you for your lovely words ❤

Jojo Caramel said...

Oh I've just heard about the tornados in Alabama on the french TV... terrible :(

Polish and Pearls said...

We were taking cover here in the Tri-cities, but my little town was spared, thank God! Glad you're safe!

Glenys said...

The pictures are so pretty! Love the sheepies. The white one looks like he just escaped in middle of a hair cut.