Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A pretty country girl


children on spring break 
and beautiful weather 
make this photographer 
very happy!


we took 179 photos today and i don't remember
having so much fun!
kids today are waaaay smarter
than i was in the sixties.
you heard right, the sixties. 
DON'T leave! 



she talked about Ernest Hemingway. 
"you know about Hemingway?" I asked her.
"yes, he had polydactyls"
"dinosaurs?"
"noooo, cats with six toes"
"oh."
I had just read about those cats
and Hemingway the day before and was
interested. He died the year before I was born, 
yet I was just learning of those six-toed cats.



she is an animal lover and can speak 
about cats, dogs, chickens and rabbits
like a pro. 



she wanted me to ask a woman near the 
river if we could get in one of her canoes. 
i told her we don't get in canoes with strangers. 

i knew a few things she didn't. 



she said she felt sorry for me because
i've never had a pedicure. 
she gets them so often she
said they didn't even charge her this week.
i told her she was high-maintenance
and that 
none of my boys could marry her. 
and i hid my toes.

just kidding, i had shoes on. 



and i hope one of my boys will marry her.
i believe in early betrothal. 




if she keeps hauling things in buckets, 
she oughta make a good wife. 
and she's pretty easy on the eyes, 
isn't she?




11 comments:

PJay said...

she's cute, got pretty hair, and blue toenails. You gotta admire that in a person.

see you there! said...

Phyllis your photos are just getting better and better. Doesn't hurt that you have a wonderful model.

Darla

La Table De Nana said...

Lovely!

Lena said...

She sounds like a young lady well on her way to knowing herself.

I enjoyed this post Phyllis. It's interesting the things we know, and don't know. We can all teach and learn a bit, our whole lives through.

I'm Cindy said...

What a great post!! By the way, go get a pedicure!! You will love it. PS I am so glad you found my blog because I enjoy yours so much.

Kaybe said...

Love love those sassy toenails.

Take good care,

Karen

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

How adorable! I enjoyed the photos and the narrative. My favorite pic is the closeup of her face in the straw hat. Her eyes are mesmerizing. What a fun job you have! And yes, by all means, treat yourself to a pedicure.

tea time and roses said...

Hello Phyllis,

Oh my what lovely photos! You my friend are the talented one, absolutely beautiful! Of course having an adorable subject makes the job a whole lot easier.:o)

Happy Spring to you and your family.

Smiles♥

Beverly

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

She's adorable, and YOU should get a pedicure, you'll LOVE it! I'm scheduled for one next month, and I can't wait! I'm going with my mom and three sisters, should be a blast!

Thanks for stopping by today! Did you pick a cookbook?

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

She is so pretty and very smart!!!

maría cecilia said...

So lovely pictures of the girls, here and the other post, beautifully dressed... and oh, here in chile little girls also do pedicure and I, I did my first one about my 40s... jajaja!!
hugs