Saturday, March 12, 2011

in my sunny neck of the woods

hello friend! 


flea find of the week!
this monogrammed silver plate
pitcher was the only thing
in the whole joint...six bucks...
i made out like a bandit, huh?!

i am interested in hotel silver but don't
know enough about it yet to invest. 



don't all good bloggers photograph the food 
they make? 
i didn't get to eat this banana pudding, 
made the old fashioned way with a
double boiler...
it was a donation. 
life isn't always fair! 




our new puppy, Maya!
i see on blogs everywhere that 
strays are hanging around making people ask...
do we keep it or not? 
she is a joy but i had 
forgotten how they chew and drag things
all over the yard! 





we are experiencing the MOST 
wonderful weather day in existence.
we have paid high dollars in the past to 
get to a climate like this. 




we have six new chicks. 
they are adorable. 


we call these yellow beauties "buttercups"
these are the wild ones you find at old farmsteads
but i do have a garden of the bought ones 
from Breck's...they really multiply and bloom
with no assistance which is nice :) 

time to get the porch done, cleaned, planted, etc.
i always intend to spend my summer on the porch...
but then...
the heat sets in and the humidity
and takes the romance out of my plans! 
i go cower in the house and play like it is winter.

we have plans for a new grill 
(i am the griller here...how is it at your house?) 

11 comments:

Kathleen Grace said...

Cold here and damp, but it's rain not snow and that means SPRING! Your yard looks heavenly and I bet it's so warm.... Who cares about all those "Good blogger" rules anyhow Phyl? I started mine to just have a place of my own for my incredibly deep and fascinating thoughts and sometimes I think it has morphed into writing for others not for me. I visit cuz Ilove ya and not becasue you're focused on anything in particular:>) Ramble on my friend, I won't stop coming. (And happy belated birthday!:>)

MaidMarion said...

You ramble....NEVER!

Merci-Notes said...

Love your silver serving piece! I am of no help there.

The chicks are cute and so valuable! My sister has two chickens and I think she said she was getting some chicks.. oh, no she told me about how each lays a different color of blue egg.. she can tell who laid which egg.

I love all of my aromatic spring flowers!!!

And we both grill... various reasons for that :)

Your weather is LOVELY! We may see 65 degrees on Thursday!!

xo, mary

Glenys said...

Wish I could have a puppy and some chicks too.

Martina said...

So cute your little doggie! And all the other pix too! A lovely view into your world! Enjoy the rest of your sunday!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I have been wanting some chicks, but in town that is a no-no. You know who grills at our house,LOL....hugs,,,,m,,,

Rebecca said...

This post gets me even more excited about spring...is it finally here? Hope you are doing well just up the road.

Paige Thomas King said...

oh my! great pics and THAT puppy!!! he's a keeper. hoep to see you soon.

I'm Cindy said...

Ohhhh, Maya is adorable!! Great weather here also.

Lena said...

She's a pretty puppy. My sister is the dog person in our family. She always has at least a couple, and last spring she had 3 and puppies too. They can be a handfull, but fortunately with time, can be taught manners. They sure do give lots of love, in return.

I love all the shades of yellow here today. So pretty.

My guys do most of the grilling, but I do some now and then. Young Mr. Staggs is the best at it.

see you there! said...

Rainy Tuesday here. What a sweet puppy you have. And hotel silver? You NEED a collection.

Darla