Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bring the ocean in!


i am crazy about this look i found at Brooke's blog Velvet and Linen
notice the ever-so-popular monochromatic background with
green plants and water portraits added! 
fresh and fun, I think.  
while Brooke does have them for sale  ...
i can see how we might could take these photos ourselves
and have them printed on canvas. 
can't you? 
i'm thinking this room probably has 12 ft. ceilings, 
which adds to the amazing feel of the room. 
i love the juxtapostion of the chandelier in  
a room which has many rustic touches. 




those little blue insulators... Ha! i've always hated them 
in flea markets...now i'm looking at them in a different light!
in this setting they are really little artsy things. 
cute with the old books. 
i've also hated milk glass over the years
and i can't believe all the places i see it now!
you can pick it up for quarters at yard sales. 
vases especially. 
it seems almost anything in a grouping or 
collection looks great! 
i've always wanted a small empty cottage to play with and 
truly decorate on a dime. 
i feel certain i could do it! 
i guess we all could?!
***

more cake pops/balls coming out of my kitchen today!
i have ingredients for the lemon ones and german chocolate...
several elderlies are coming today for
a sit and a visit and some cake.
wish me luck ;)




10 comments:

Kate said...

Me too I have hated those as well. Never done a thing for me and well Brooke did her magic. What a terrific post thank you! Yes we can do a lot with just a fraction of the cost. Happy luncheon today for you!

xo
Kate

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Now thats some serious inspiration...thanks! Have a good day! Chrissy

AntiqueChase said...

I have a pile of insulators but mine are just clear... love that room for sure!!

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Now that decor looks like my cuppa tea! Have fun entertaining your ladies today (or will they entertain you)?! ;) xo

I'm Cindy said...

Love that room. Thx for sharing. Also, I'm going to try to make some cake balls next week!

see you there! said...

I can almost smell the ocean and feel the sand when I look at this. Love the color combo.

Darla

Lena said...

I'm with Darla, I love the color combination. It's very pretty, and fresh. Light without being cold.

Goodness, I didn't know you don't like milk glass. Some I love, and some not so much.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Happy, happy Birthday!!!!!

Cheryl said...

Such a pretty post. I am definitly inspired!! Your right about the insulators...Now I want to run out and buy some..but it's 11:30pm here, so I think I'll wait..lol!!
Thank you for stopping in and visiting with me!!!
xoxoxox
Cheryl;-p)

Anne said...

oh, look at those ocean paintings/photographs! Bliss! Fun post, nice to find your blog.