Thursday, March 31, 2011

Anthro-esque apology


...actually i'm not sorry in the least!

when i've gone in goodwill lately,
 i've been channeling anthropologie,
which makes me
want to buy things and stage things to see if i can recreate 
their scene. 
you dig what i'm saying? 

i have major plans to make my flea market booth
and quite possibly my etsy 
appear anthro-esque. 
bring some of that big city to the small town. 
we have a couple of twenty-somethings running 
our local flea now.
they have lived in L.A. for awhile and
are pretty much on the cutting edge
of what is modern 
in the most respectful vintage way.
i'm excited! 
they are planning a day of "antiques in the sun" 
soon with vendors in our flea mkt. parking lot. 




i can't believe people pay twenty-four hard
earned dollars for an embroidered tea towel.
my pristine one was under a dollar. 
now when i wipe spaghetti sauce up,
i won't feel quite as sick over it. 

the wicker plates, i thought would be SO
cute with a vintage embroidered cloth in each,  
a nice sandwich and a friend for lunch. 

the sandwich, not the friend. 

and those shoes? do you like them?
not my size. 
don't worry, they will find feet in the end. 
BRAND NEW...three dollars is what i paid.

don't worry about me...living in kentucky, 
they say you don't need shoes atall ;)




i got these wee dice from an etsy
seller in france who told me...
a new road had been built,
a prison torn down,
the dice were found...dating back to the
early 1800's and would have been made
by prisoners out of the mutton bones 
from their supper! 
the dots were done with charcoal!
i'm so smitten!!!



i have given my three brothers all
a pair. 
i understand you shouldn't bet money 
using them LOL as they are not
uniform enough to give a good roll!


mendelssohn, 
the composer, not the architect. 
and that is all i have to say about that. 

1) have you been in an anthro
2) did you buy anything?
3) what are you wearing...Ha! 



9 comments:

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

I still have never been to Anthro. I did however buy a cute pair of shoes today. Love yours:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Well thank goodness for me there is no Anthro nearby... the last time I went to one was in NYC... and YIKES! I loved it all, but couldn't afford much (and I didn't buy a single thing)! Sounds like your kinda anthro will be right up my alley - you have the BEST and freshest finds in your part of the country!

see you there! said...

Those shoes! Oh. My. Goodness. Would believe there is an Anthro right near me on the route I take for my morning walks? Fortunately for my wallet I go early before the store is open. They sure have some great window displays tho.

I'll bet your booth is going to look terrific!

Darla

Jojo Caramel said...

I like the french dice!
> I've bought some eggs and a pint of milk yesterday morning for a cake :D
> I'm wairing my favorite pair of shoes, vintage ones, the most comfortable I ever owned by Aigles, french manufactory
http://www.aigle.com/

I wish you a lovely weekend hoping that you'll find Cinderella :)

Jojo Caramel said...

Oups, by Aigle (without s)

Lena said...

I have been to Anthro, several times. I love their displays, and the glass knobs that they carry, but thinking it over, I don't think I've ever bought anything there, as they're a little bit over my budget for most things. I mostly look for ideas there, for displays and such. I prefer my old vintage things too, but they have some of those too, that have tempted me. Once, they had a wonderful old watering can that was huge, and another time, some framed samples of old lace. Some of their little things are affordable for special gifts. I love the funky clothes they carry.

Anyhow, you 'll have fun with your Anthro displays and all, I'm sure.

I'm wearing jeans and a paisley top in blues and purple.

Merci-Notes said...

This is a wonderful Plan Phyllis! the young ones can give off energy... WE give off wisdom!:)

wearing my down long winter coat! INSIDE! waiting to get some fish for a lunch/dinner plan.

mmm have not been to Anthro lately.

When is the sun coming to your fela mkt?

xo, mary

Kathleen Grace said...

CAn you believe I've never been in one? I have recieved a few of their catalogs but I'm sure it's not the same. Never bought anything there either, (the prices make me weep, and not in a good way) I'm wearing jeans and a tee.

She'sSewPretty said...

I have been in one...I can't remember if I've ever bought anything in there or if I just stood around and drooled and wished I was small enough to wear their cute dresses.
I'm wearing my cupcake jammies! I'm ready for bed and it isn't even eight yet!