Wednesday, February 2, 2011

How Sweet

~ Happy February ~
Let's cut to the chase:





 I imagine many of you are buried in snow, 
keeping warm by the heat of your laptop...I trust you have internet...
I also imagine you are making frequent trips to the kitchen 
for exercise!

Well, it's where I exercise. 

The cake above? 
Nothing but a memory. Good thing we have pictures. 
I hosted 6 teenage girls for a retreat here over the weekend. 

Well, there might still be some cake...
in the carpet. 

***


here is a template for a box to hold one slice of cake or pie. How cute would it be all decorated to present to someone? 


I'm going to make one and if you'd like to also and show them here Saturday...I'll let you ;)
Email your finished box to me: blissitydoodah@yahoo.com 





13 comments:

Kathleen Grace said...

Lemon souffle!? Sounds delish! Yes we are buried under snow and all i want to do is bake (or lose weight, what to choose, what to choose?) I'm holding off on the baking so far, but this is tempting me pretty badly. I might give in:>)

She'sSewPretty said...

No snow here. We have sun. We also have no chocolate because I am on my 199teenth diet!! Oh brother! Maybe if I had snow to shovel, I wouldn't need a diet?!

Kaybe said...

What a pretty cake plate. Stay warm.

Merci-Notes said...

I am going to try! :) :)
I am getting better at downloads now!

xo, mary

Kelly said...

Thanks for leaving me your nice comment about my verses! You are right, life is just a vapor or a blink of the eye here...our real home is waiting for us!
Love the cake!
No snow here in the Pacific NW!

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Mmmm that cake looks just like the one I watched Julia Child make last night! YUM! We only have 2" of snow here, but the rest of my family (whom each only live 50-75 miles away) all have 3 feet PLUS of snow!!! Now there are lots of roof collapses (including 2 major ones in the town center where I grew up).

Lena said...

Oh jeepers, I might have to make brownies tonight! LOL! Your cake makes me want chocolate now.

I might try to decorate a box this evening. It sounds like a fun idea to me.

xo

see you there! said...

When you get that box made you can use it to send me a piece of cake. Thank you.

Darla Sue 2 U

Astridbears said...

a pretty cake!
HAPPY FEBRUARY!!
have a nice day
Astrid

the vintage bricoleur said...

Thank you for your comment on my new blog. I had to come see what your blog is about. Very cute. CA. IS a fun place to shop, however I would LOVE to try out KY. Maybe we could switch places for a day?

maría cecilia said...

Delicious cake you cooked!!!!
Here we are all in fire, such a hot weather!!!
cariños

Jojo Caramel said...

Pretty cake! I'm sure it was delicious!!!

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

-clapping hands-

Oh I hope you do subscribe to the new 'Victoria' magazine!!!!!!!!!

Hugs and ♥'s...
'Cause Valentine Day is coming!