Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Let's Make A Deal





you are invited to a Bodega on the Capers of the Vintage Vixens blog~
this is a new Tuesday event in which anyone can list their shop or items for sale. 
it is dark and gloomy in my neck of the woods and i can't take any blasted photos to suit me :) ...so i've only listed a link to my etsy..
which OHHH MYY! IS IT EVER CHOCK FULL OF FUN!! 
RUN, DON'T WALK! 
annnnnd, any purchases today TUESDAY will have included, a free piece of vintage linen added. Destash day. 


My daddy was a car salesman. (you didn't guess?)


Last night my child held an auction on Facebook. He is making duct tape wallets and selling the daylights out of them! This time he made a woven purse and held an auction LOL. 


If you feel like it, in the comments, tell me about some ingenuity in your family or some entreprenurial  UH OH that word got the red underline but I'm sticking to my spelling...spirit. Tell me about the family boot straps...


****



7 comments:

Auntie Bliss said...

"entrepreneurial" ha.

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

So happy you joined our Bloggers' Bodega:) The more people who know about it the more successful it will be for everyone:) Have fun!
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

see you there! said...

Family Bootstrap Tale: It was the depression, my Mom wanted to go to college, farm family had NO money. Her Dad told her she could have a field and raise potatoes, she'd have to harvest the, haul them to town and sell them herself but she could have the money. She did it! All my growing up years if I walked by a certain produce shop in our town the two "elderly" owners would stop me and tell me the story of my Mom "this little gal who came to town and sold us her potatoes". A story I became quite familiar with, LOL!

Long comment but I thought you'd like hearing about it.

Darla

Manuela@TPOH said...

I'll have to go check it all out. Well my daughter (who's at SCAD) does digital art commissions on Deviant Art and is doing pretty well with that. Much better than we all thought - who knew people would want to pay for digital art? She also sold a 60 min animation she did that really cute on some other site.

Manuela

Merci-Notes said...

we have a bit of those entrepreneurs in our family.
My sister Kelly made those wallets and purses (way back hehe) and she sold them like hot cakes also... so CONTINUED success to your son!!! :) *

My brother Reped artists and now builds cabinetry for those swanky NYC restaurants and CHEFS!

But a toast to your son... Success!

xo,mary

Jojo Caramel said...

Your son is ingenious!!!
I wish you success for these Tuesdays meetings! and success for your son's auctions as well!

She'sSewPretty said...

I don't think anyone in my family got that gene. I wish I did!! I did sell 120 something pincushions though. That sounds pretty good. If only I'd charged 100 bucks each. LOL