Monday, January 17, 2011

Galvanized with Ruffles!

linking with Mosaic Monday




how happy was i to find this unusual
galvanized tray with a handle and fluted edge?!!!
ruffles are in, right?

five dollars is what i paid at
my favorite sanford and son junque shop.

i think it is an oil change pan for a tractor.
it has Hudson written on it. 
for me it will probably hold poinsettias at 
Christmas and chrysanthemums in the fall.



i have had this crumbling map piece 
for a century...and an old frame to fit it
but no glass...
fifteen dollars later *ouch...i'm a cheapskate*
it has glass...i wish it was bubbled old glass.
now...where to hang it is the issue. 
i stink at geography and honestly need to 
study it so i'll have a clue where some of these
places are! 
the large white chippy wooden box,
i got a few weeks ago and keep picturing it
filled with pink roses as i've seen
in some magazine article (do you happen to know the one?)
it was on a dining room table under a chandelier.



below are pics of a piece of transferware
i found this week.
i'm hoping an expert will drop by and 
give me an appraisal :) and hopefully the
name of the pattern. 





Now to tell you of something fun tomorrow and all Tuesdays!
will be hosting a sales event for all of us to join called 
The Bloggers Bodega. 
Come play :)









13 comments:

AntiqueChase said...

Why am I suddenly singing the Sanford and Son song?
OMG I love the ruffle tin! Great find!!! Is it big enough for mail??

Kathleen Grace said...

Who knew an oil change pan could be so adorable!? I love it!

eileeninmd said...

Great finds, I can wait to see it all in use. Have a great week.

Cass @ That Old House said...

Great finds. Love the ruffled tin, and the china too. Don't forget to post when you've got those flowers in place!
Cass

Lynn said...

Nice mosaic and such fun finds! I love the ruffled tin. The perfect piece to repurpose. Your blog is darling. Can't wait to read more. I'm a new follower. Happy Mosaic Monday!
~ Lynn at Cottage and Creek

Household 6 said...

Well hello you sweet thang! So true, moving closer to you :) How are things with you? I see you're still loving the antiques! I bet your boys are growing up!!! I hope we can find a way to meet up at least once while we're on that side of the coast!

Jojo Caramel said...

Lovely finds!

Floss said...

Hi - what lovely things you found! I have some kind of memory of those roses on the table, which is confusing as I read mainly British and French magazines and I imagine you see American ones! Perhaps it was on a blog? Thanks for your comment, too - you were the only reader who seemed to identify with my slight distraction on the Keanu issue!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Love your ruffled tin! I can also picture it holding geraniums in the summer! Have a wonderful day!

see you there! said...

That ruffled tin is so interesting. I wonder if the ruffles served a purpose in it's original use.

Off to visit Bloggers Bodega.

Darla

Nancy said...

I have some info for you.....the vase is an Aesthetic piece which you can read about here: http://nancysdailydish.blogspot.com/2010/03/aesthetic-movement-and-transferware.html
It was made by the Dale Hall Pottery Compnay, of Longport, Burslem, Stoke On Trent
The Dale Hall Pottery Co appeared to be in operation for a year only, appearing in two directories for 1892.
They were concurrent with Keeling & Co (1887-1936/7) and would have shared the Dale Hall Works with them, which was common for potters to do.
The pattern is Keele.

I think I'm going to do a short post about the 1790 that is on your backmark as that was pretty common even though it was not made in 1790.

It's a nice piece, probably worth anywhere from $30-50.

Hope this helps!

Nancy

Nancy said...

p/s thank you for linking to me. expert? Not sure about that. :-)

Monica@The White Bench said...

Love your finds! I have some new interesting ones too ;)) Instead of tossing I'm still B*U*Y*I*N*G. Ahem.
Monica xoxo