Monday, December 6, 2010

Oh by gosh by golly...


take an antique yelloware bowl
fill with apples and oranges,
fresh greenery, 
maple leaves coated in sliver german glass glitter
and 
a vintage chalkboard.
write NOEL on the board.
sit back and 
listen...

your family will probably say,
"what the heck is that?"

just kidding.
we must keep things light or we'll get bogged down in the
responsibilities of spinning Christmas magic, right?
speaking of Christmas magic...
you must see TINKER!!!



i bring you today these sets of FLINCH 
cards. 
whatever that is.
they are awesome vintage numbered things
some blue, some red.
i have two boxes with something like a million 
cards in each.
i am asking $10 a set in original boxes
which includes shipping in the U.S. 
jump on it.
blue light special! 



lest you think i never craft anything...
i made a muslin candycane.
and that's the wrap. 
***
i'm still counting how many times i hear the song 
"let it snow" 
before Dec. 26th.
the count is up to 7. 
and i'm not so bothered by it anymore...
because it has been snowing here!
how odd,
how rare!
nothing to sled home about though...
just some flakes. 


.

9 comments:

see you there! said...

I want a set of the Flinch cards. I want'em bad! Send an invoice.

I want the bowl and the little Noel sign on the blackboard too but I guess I can figure that one out myself.

I want.... ok, that's enough.

Darla

Kathleen Grace said...

I have heard of Flinch cards for years, now I know what they look like, although I would have no idea how to play! I like your bowl of goodies, especially that sparkly leaf. I'm in full "glitter" mode here, the house may never be the same:>) But at least it will sparkle!

Lena said...

Your bowl and blackboard vingette is my very favorite sort of decoration. I have the yellow ware bowl, and the fruit, and the greens. Now "I want" a vintage blackboard. LOL!

Well, while we are creating a bit of magic for others, we have to create a bit for ourselves and our blog pals too!

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Oh snow! Even a few flakes are so much fun :-) We just had rain, no snow yet. We're hoping though.
Have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Marcia

Jojo Caramel said...

How funny are these Flinch cards! I've never seen them, i even did'nt know it did exist.
This is a lovely muslin candycane!

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Ohhhh I'm so happy that you are getting snow!!! :-)

And what a lovely, peaceful blog look you have here. Beautiful! Simple and yet very Christmas-y. Love it!

Oh my, but simple is so often best, is it not? :-)

Winter hugs...
On Dec. 7th, 1941 - 'A date which will live in infamy'

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

I laughed out loud over the yellow bowl! Have a good one!

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

SNOW!!! Lucky ya'll!!! We've got the cold temps, but not the snow (but they did have snow in western Massachusetts).

LOVE the postcard you showed me... I think that's how hubby feels/looks at the end of a long day of work! lol

She'sSewPretty said...

Auntie Bliss!! Did you sell both sets of those cards cuz if you didn't I want some!!