Saturday, November 6, 2010

She is Cutting-Edge!

Meet Mandi. 
She has coined the term "Thrift Shop Glam". 
This collection below shows what Mandi 
did to refurbish some 
mirrors and frames to make them 
like Anthropologie's ...
(hers are WAY better...)

Vintage Revivals is a blog that 
is all about recycling and remodeling those 
sweet vintage finds we love.  









Are you socks knocked off as mine were? 
Oh, you're right...I was already barefooted, but still. 

That chandelier and those frames are just perfect I think!
You'll see the how-to's on her blog if you want to take the silver off the back of a mirror...she shows you. 
The frames have a glazing technique that she also teaches on her site. 

Go! 
Give Mandi a big 'ol hug and tell her she rocks. 
I did. 

14 comments:

* French Farmhouse 425 * said...

~*~Very cool!! I will have to check her out!! Hugs~ Rachel~*~*

Diane said...

I will have to go give her blog a peek! oxox

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Thanks for sharing. These are beautiful!
Blessings,
Marcia

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Just lovely! I find that when people do projects at home the results are usually far better than what you'd find in a store! Nice job!

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

My socks are knocked off! They
are fabulous!

Jane
Flora Doora

Martina said...

Wow, i really like that ensemble with the mirrors and chandelier! Will go and have a look at her blog. Hope you've had a nice weekend with some creative time too!

(sweet) stephanie said...

OH my! I love the frames and red desk!

Paige Thomas King said...

way cool.going to her site next so i can learn this technique!
thanks for sharing her with us.
paige

Monica@The White Bench said...

WOW! So cool. Love the blue and red details.
Hugs hugs from Kimmie and me ;)
Monicaxo.

vmichelle said...

Very cute! I like the combo of all the mirrors together - so eclectic.

She'sSewPretty said...

Those are pretty! Love the collage of frames over the desk!

Polish and Pearls said...

amazing!

Firefly Hill said...

I am going over now! I love her style...

Natalie @ Blossoming Visions said...

Wow! That is awesome!