Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday For Real

I first titled this post, My Saturday!
Whaaa? 
Our boys are on Fall break and we slept late. 
It tricks the system into thinking it will be a special "off" day.
And that fun things are in order. 
It is 90 degrees outside today. 
And the kitchen is warming up.

 I'm making Pain au Chocolat
...tap, tap, tap...
this is going to be worth the wait I know! 

Lots of rising and rolling and rising going on in the kitchen...
you know what I did?
I opened my favorite cookbook and decided to make whatever I landed on :) 
We stayed in the inn on the cover on our honeymoon, in 1989. 
Wonder if it's still standing? 



Great niece Eden came and adopted Dinah. 
I got camera happy with the two of them.
Eden is wearing the Goodwill tap shoes I got her. 




Eden got happy too!
I remember getting a kitten for Christmas once. 
Daddy walked in with it in his hands and it had a huge red bow around it's neck. 
He sat it down and it darted under the furniture and I didn't find it again for hours! 
"Kitty" was such a wonderful friend for several years though, after coming out. 
Anyway! 
Come get a flaky pastry filled with chocolate if you are in the neighborhood! 




17 comments:

Karen said...

How precious is those pictures of your niece and that kitten.. I love it.. and the bread looks awesome too..
Fall makes me want to bake , and eat, and bake somemore,,and eat some more..no wonder i always have to drop a few pounds at the beginning of every year..lol...

Cookie said...

Miss Blissity,

Geez, you didn't mention being invited over when you saw me at the grocery store only minutes ago!

Enjoy your homemade treats! Then tell us all about it!

Cookie

Kathleen Grace said...

Oh the sweet pudginess of your niece kissing that kitten, (who looks a bit put out!)so adorable! Look outside, I'm on your porch ready to knock on the door for some of that Pain au Chocolat:>) Or at least I would be if I could!

see you there! said...

Chocolate? Sweet little girls in tap shoes? Kittens? What else does one need to be happy?

darla

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I think that is the sweetest picture ever. Spent 9 hours at the ER today with my Sister. She is home now but really sick....m...

* French Farmhouse 425 * said...

~*~*Precious little girl!! Dinah looks just like my little Claire too!! Im a serious cat lover!!lol.. sounds like a wonderful monday! Hugs,Rach ~*~*

What I Did Today said...

Man! Wish I had been in the neighborhood! And Eden is such a doll. Love the kissy-kitty picture.

Martina said...

Sounds too good pain au chocolat and a sweet girl in tap shoes - what else do you want? Have a happy week !

Gloria said...

Adorable pictures of your sweet niece with the kitten. Reminds me of my girls when they were little. We lived next to a church and people would always drop off their pregnant cats right there! So we had kittens all around us! :)

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I love the tap shoes...I used to get my 4 daughters theirs at goodwill too! They loved them

Today is my first visit to your blog...I so look forward to visiting again soon!

I am having a fun "double giveaway" and hope you might pop over too! I am enjoying browsing your past posts!

Warmly, Carrie

Anonymous said...

Good day!This was a really impressive Topics!
I come from itlay, I was luck to approach your theme in baidu
Also I learn a lot in your topic really thanks very much i will come daily

baby love said...

OH MY...SO YUMMY!!!! :)

And beautiful, adorable pictures :) Thanks for sharing!!

oxox-Camille

Aubrey said...

Yummy! Looks delicious! Even though its been hot outside around here too, I still light my pumpkin spice candles and make it fall inside. I adore her black tap shoes- they remind me of the "little black shoes" my mom purchased for my sister when she was little- She loved wearing them and loved the clickity clack sound they made on the floor.
I got your comment today- your so sweet- of course you can share :)
Cheers,
Aubrey

Diane said...

What a fun place to visit, and such beautiful photos, off to browse your past Posts! Hugs, Diane

Incipient Wings said...

hello!!!
what a gorgeous doll she is!!!! and that pastry looks magical!!
i love chocolate.

PeregrineBlue said...

Loving your blog. Eden is adorable. I just reada great quote the other day about children...Babies are proof that God is optimistic. I loved it.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my enamelware.

The pink shoes, an ebay find that i didn't win ofcourse but i downloaded the picture and that fills me every time i see it.

Blessings and I will stop by and visit, you have a great sense of humor.

La Table De Nana said...

Is she ever sweet!!