Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Discovered*Uncovered*Found

Have you met Orangette?  She has a book which looks mighty enticing!  Mrs. Molly owns a restaurant in Seattle called Delancey
Has anyone been there? 

My oldest son intends to open a fine restaurant someday...instead of doing Pre-Calculus....he is a foodie who prefers the plate to show up in front of him rather than place it there himself...


Mrs. Clarice Fox-Hughes has a new book out as well. 
I think these both would be nice gifts or something to hoard away in a corner with if you can find time and...

a corner. 

One more book....(I've been snooping in Mrs. Stagg's sidebar at her reads LOL)

We remember Nancy Lindemeyer as the editor of Victoria magazine. 
One reader says this:



Nancy Lindemeyer has written a beautiful tribute to the people and memories that she has
"packed" for her life's journey. Her sweet remembrances of her grandmother are especially
touching. This book is about cherishing what is truly important in life and making connections
with people. The author's memories provided her the base, the strength, to accomplish her
dreams in life. Lots of people have these strengths to draw on -- Lindemeyer reminds us to
 actually do so.


Speaking of a woman's journey...
ohhhh I'd love to go on this trip with Kaari Meng and friends to the Chateau Dumas to eat, craft and shop!   
Eighteen lucky ladies will fit on this trip...

Could the rest of us plan a French staycation? 

This just in!
The rarest french find I'd say. 
Our staycation has it's first stop, you guess? Thank you Simply Chateau for this hot news item!

15 comments:

She'sSewPretty said...

A French staycation?! What would we do? Eat those cute macarons and admire each others fashions?

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Anykind of Staycation would be GREAT.... I want to go out west (Grand Canyon, CA and Yosemite, Washington, Airzona, etc. ETC....)

The good news is that we are planning a big Alaskan cruise next Summer... It will be for our 10th wedding anniversary.

Great post --and some great ideas and good reading.
Hugs,
Betsy

Firefly Hill said...

A French staycation? OH yes!

I like the sound of a homemade life...I am going to check it out.

xo,

annie

Cookie said...

Miss Blissity,

I think your idea of a staycation (to anywhere) is fantabulous.

Today I am staycationing at the house.

Cookie

Kathleen Grace said...

I just visited Orangette and the tale of the mystrious apartment. Wouldn't you have loved to stumble across that place and have a weekend to (snoop) explore?!

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Ooooooh! A cyber staycation??? I'll bring along the cyber macarons! ;)

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

How about a Maine staycation> LOL....m...

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

I have the top book and love it! Good reading! Happy Fall!

see you there! said...

Ok, lets all go live in that apartment. I'll even dust!

Darla

koralee said...

What lovely books...I have heard of the first one but the others are new to me! Thank you for sharing...I am already starting my Christmas list of books. xoxoxo hugs

Lissa said...

I just dream of going to france one day. I think orangette is the most beautiful job. I didn't know about the restaurant.

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Those books look good. I love to find a corner and sneak away with a good book, cooking or otherwise :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

jojo-caramel said...

Lovely books! From France myself, i dream of Tokyo those days :-) and i would not mind to read these three books in the plane! and maybe eat one or two macarons, that would be nice :-)

Storybook Woods said...

Well I am always up for a French staycation!! Doesn't Mrs. Stagg have a staycation blog. I could spend my day in Merryville!!

Well your son is smart. One has to eat at a lot of restaurants before opening one. You need ot know your craft well!!

I am glad you like my baking book. Make sure you come by the 18th. I am having a give-away of my novel Wren Bay, (which is like a French staycation, with lots of recipes)/ Maybe you will win!! Blessings Clarice

La Table De Nana said...

I have a Homemade Life..Orangette's book..I LOVED and love it~I will check the others..Thank you~