Tuesday, September 21, 2010

We're probably all in trouble...

Welcome to the Auntie Bliss installment of White Wednesday ~brought to us by Kathleen of Faded Charm!
(posted on Tuesday for good measure)


News articles from 1914 investigate what we are doing.  Rather, what our great-grandmothers were doing. 
We have since straightened out the problem. 
Haven't we? 






It seems we aren't satisfied wearing the sackcloth we had on when our husbands first met us. 
We've been adding wings to our costume, thereby making us feel more like fairys than the housekeepers we are. 



Or is our fun actually an investment that insures a content wifey and a hot meal on the table? 
Flitting through our daily bed making and potty scrubbing, happy as a lark...we don't feel so guilt-ridden when we long last droop into a hammock chair (oh why did  I pass up two of these Saturday at a sale?)

See how we are? 
Much like our grandmothers I suppose! 


How funny that our grandmother's things are what we so desire to have today!
 Us vintage loving girls...



I don't know how our grandmothers would feel about us dragging their tablecloths into the woods for a party...that probably is another magazine write-up for another day.

11 comments:

* French Farmhouse 425 * said...

~*lol..love your post!! ;)~*Rachel

Modern Country Style said...

Hi Auntie Bliss,

I LOVE this! Do we still waste our husband's money?!! Errr....I wouldn't like to answer that one!

Sarahx

Modern Country Style said...

...and just to add that I rather like the thought of being a fairy AND a housekeeper!

Clara said...

OH Thank you!!!!!! Thank you so very much dearest aunt Bliss for these wonderful Halloween's presents!!!!!! It's gorgeous!!! You spoiled me!!! I was so pleased to discover your parcel when back from school!!!! ❤

Je t'adresse des milliers de bisous ! Merci merci merci!!!!!

Clara ❤

jojo-caramel said...

Ha ha ha :-D You have just missed the message of Clara, we was just publishing it :-) Have a look, it's for you!
Thank you so very much for her. She came back tired from school today, but was so happy with your wonderful surprise!!!! Thank you very much my dear friend! Love you!

Happy White Wednesday!

see you there! said...

I love Grandmother's STYLE but I remember her doing the wash with a wringer washing machine and I don't want to return to that any time soon. You might have to run that white tablecloth through the wringer if it has been out in the woods.

Darla

Mrs. Staggs said...

LOL! My grandmother would have expected nothing less of me, once she became used to my decorating style. It took her awhile, to become used to me hanging my quilts on the wall, though she was always polite about it.

Kathleen Grace said...

I prefer to think that rather than wasting money we are making a lovely home for our dear husbands who work so hard for the money that we spend to make them a lovely home. Got that? I want a hammock chair.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I love the smell and look of fresh line dryed white sheets and pillow cases. To lie down in a bed made with them is for me a little piece of heaven!!! Hope your day is filled with many beautiful things....m...

She'sSewPretty said...

My grandma would probably wonder why I spend so much time in front of the computer instead of ironing those tablecloths!

The Swedish Room said...

Hi, I'm glad things have changed, but they are still the same. I just cleaned the house yesterday. Maybe I should spend more of Mr. Swedish Room's money and get a housekeeper. Have a good week.
The Swedish Room