Saturday, September 25, 2010

Preparations,Plans,Ideas OH MY!


Look what I found in my pants!

Well not my pants but somebody's anyway...
I bought three pairs at Goodwill for 99 cents and this Audra tag was in one pair. 
We have a cousin named Audra and so I cut the tag out and made her a bookmark. Kinda strange, right? 
You will soon see other things I made from the pants...stay in touch if you are curious!
(I stretch a mean dollar!)
*****

I'm planning a birthday tea for a friend and thought you might like 
to use my invite for your own use :)  Click and save.




This joyful guy was in a pile of "stuff" I got at a yard sale. 

Crumbly as he was, I didn't want to put him in my cereal or trash. 
I put duct tape on the back to keep him intact and then trimmed his edges and framed him for the tea :) 




He will soon hang on a tree trunk in our woods. 

(I had many more photos to show you but the blogfather says NO. They've been doing lots of maintenance around here lately...)

Tell me, 
what would you like to be served if you were at the tea? 
(I don't do creepy foods...my cooking is scary enough as is)

13 comments:

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

I loved that you save that picture!
The bookmark is wonderful...can't
wait to see what you do with the
pants! So much fun!

Jane
Flora Doora

MosaicMagpie said...

I have bought items of clothing at thrift stores just for the label or buttons.
Debbie

Karen said...

I just went to a Tea House for a bridal shower,, and we tryed many kids of teas..but the one we all went bonkers over was a creme brulee
SOOOOOOO good,,,,,
so check that one out...

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

OOOH sounds like fun !!!!!

Martina said...

I love the idea of hanging the crumbly guy on a tree trunk in the woods - something to make others wonder ;) For tea? Some scones please! Just normal ones, with cream and rasberry jam!

see you there! said...

Now what is Auntie Bliss up to with those pants? I'm anxious to see what she turns them into.

As for the tea, how about something pumpkin-ish. Pumpkin bread? Pumpkin butter to put on a scone? Good old pumpkin pie?

Darla

Mrs. Staggs said...

I love that what you've done with this old photograph. So much character, and perfect for the time of year coming up.

I like Darla's idea of serving something with pumpkin. Hmmmm, how about pumpkin or acorn soup, served in little pumpkins?

Olive Cooper said...

Walking up to that photo in the woods might be a tad creepy. Thanks bunches for visiting me. hugs♥olive

Kathleen Grace said...

what you found in your pants!? lol! that should make for some interesting search results:>) The guy in the picture is a little creepy! I love cake and tarts at the tea please!~

jojo-caramel said...

Lovely bookmark and picture!

Toyin O. said...

Lovely picture.

http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com/

Polly said...

I love that you saved the Audra tag and turned it into a bookmark!!! Audra is a beautiful name!

Thanks for stopping by my blog via Fiona and Twig! It is so nice to connect with you!

My husband rescues old photos all the time. He does research on them and tries to reunite them with living ancestors. He has had quite a few success stories!

Have a great week!

Polly

MODERN Prairie Girl said...

"Blogfather"...you are funny, funny. Love it. Your vintage picture finds are divine! Looking forward to seeing what you're up to next.
Something you may appreciate--after seeing it as a funny title on a blog, my elementary-age girls and I have decided to "craft our pants" each Friday afternoon. Cracks me up every time I say it out loud.
best--
Lara