Saturday, August 14, 2010

Acquisitions De La Semaine

We have a winner in the BURLAP LAUGH OFF contest! 
(and her bag will be in the mail!)

Louise was not only the one that prompted my giggle but she did it in a split-second after I hit the PUBLISH button! 

I have to say to Mosaic Magpie that I had to go to URBAN DICTIONARY for help on her submission and then I felt dumb for not getting it!

Blessedmom had a funny and sweet story about her older child and her twins :) I love how my older ones watch out for the younger one. 

Thanks for playing y'all! 

To tell you about my photos...
I have inherited many things of late that were my very special uncle's! 
He still had all his childhood toys and his bear is now under a cloche on my mantel dressed in tatting, a silk bow and a pocket watch that my aunt gave me. 
I can't stop looking at it!

The chairs above I found at the Goodwill on half price day. 
I got them both for $9. 
My boys said they look like an old grandma should have them!
WELL, HUH!
They will quickly be sold in my flea market booth unless one of you comes to get them soon...

Ready for some sweetness? 
Below are our new family members. This kitty just finished raising a litter and we kept one little guy.
He (Beckham) is 4 months old and loves to lie with this part of his family and watch in awe. Our very old large hairy dog who is an experienced mother in her own right...also lies within nose distance of this scene. 
They are all so smitten with each other it is a PEACEABLE KINGDOM and so very cute to watch! 
On top of that...I brought my uncle's stereo and some cds home and have them streaming in the garage...
These animals think they have died and gone to heaven, I suppose! 
They are currently listening to the soundtrack from Pride and Prejudice. 


Did you have any acquisitions this semaine? 




15 comments:

Kathleen Grace said...

Congratulations to the winner:>) Your uncles bear is such a special treasure! I know you will thinkof him whenever you see it:>) I love kittens that age! So sweet!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

WHAT A FUN GAME!!!! Félicitations à la gagnante!!! Thank you for coming on over for a Creamsicle! ANd I too remember those wonderful Orange Julius drinks, but when I was young, indoor malls didn't exist yet, so I could only get one at the car wash on Sundays!!!!!

HAVE A GREAT SUMMER that is left! Anita

Monica@The White Bench said...

Of course I did!!!! A couple of gorgeous necklaces, a vintage vanity bag, buttons and lace. I love your chairs!
Hugs,
Monicax.

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Woweeeeeee... looks like I won't be chilly this winter! ;) THANK YOU, Phyllis! Do your kitties want to come over and play... my three cats are going bonkers this summer catching moths and spiders (and the kitten EATS them)! lol

Kelly said...

Your uncle's teddy is such a treasure and I can certainly see myself sitting and staring at those adorable kittens all day!

~ Kelly

MosaicMagpie said...

The Urban Dictionary or The I Love Lucy show. Lucy would say that to Ricky. Grassy Ass.
Debbie

Virginia said...

Oh I’m so sad I miss the BURLAP LAUGH OFF contest!
But C'est la vie....
This week I acquired a 3-panel Folding Screen.I will be posting about it. You are so Blessed to have some of your uncles thing.
I love the teddy bear, it looks great under the cloche and by the way the new family members are adorable.
Paix et Bénédictions
Passez une bonne semaine,
Virginia

see you there! said...

Oh my, that bear is priceless. You did such a great job displaying him.

The chairs are pretty cool too.

And everyone should have a houseful of kittens.

Darla

Penny Candy said...

Hi, I was just checking out new followers' blogs, and wanted to say I love your header photo! So pretty!

jojo-caramel said...

Wow jolies acquisitions !

ps- I cannot enter in your followers, it does not work, i don't understand why... will try again

Belle semaine ! xo

Zabrinah said...

Awww. What a wonderful post! Congratulations to the winner. And let me just say that your blog is enchanting.

Very charming. I love it!

Best wishes from one blogger to another,

~Zabrinah

Eugenia Woods said...

I love your blog. Great layout!

Rosie said...

Oh my dear, that is some sweet kitty cat love...this brings back wonderful childhood memories of many hour spent, doing a "search and rescue" of barn cat babies in the haymow... so delightful...love Rosie

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Oh, I'd love to have a little kitten. With 6 kids, 2 dogs and a cat though, my husband says "no more mouths to feed" :-)
That teddy bear is so sweet too. Thanks for the mention in your post.
Blessings,
Marcia

Yaya' s Home said...

Congratulations to the winner. I must admit, I got a good chuckle from her comment, too.

~ Yaya